Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 3:05:26 PM EDT
Just wanted to know if anyone has purchased anything from off the internet and how did it go? I was considering impactguns.com and just wasn't sure about how smooth the transaction would go.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered my M1 Carbine from impact. It went very well, the shipping was decent, and they promptly shipped it after receiving payment  and the FFL. A friend of mine ordered a DPMS AP4 carbine form them as well.
ETA: I also bought my M48 mauser on the internet, and that went smoothly as well, you just need to find a local FFL that is pleasant to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
bought a few rifles from places on the internet, VECTOR ARMS, RRA, and it went smooth for me, my FFL got them and all was good...........but then I buy from reputable places, have no idea what impactguns.com is
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just wanted to know if anyone has purchased anything from off the internet and how did it go? I was considering impactguns.com and just wasn't sure about how smooth the transaction would go.

'

No one has done that yet on this board.  Why don;t you do it and tell us how it goes?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought firearms off the internet numerous times, and only had one problem transaction. You guessed it--Impact Guns!!!

I placed an order for a FN Tactical shotgun. The website said if it was out of stock, that they would notify me immediately. I paid for it, and sent an FFL copy. After hearing nothing for weeks, I tried to contact them to no avail. The website says to contact them via e-mail only, which I did originally. Then I stated calling. Every time, I would get a stupid answering system message telling me to e-mail them, or to enter my party's extension number. Finally, after about the 10th call, I just typed in some numbers. Someone answered and I told them that I had the wrong extension and needed to be transferred to someone about a current order. I was transferred to someone who said that the shotgun was on backorder and they didn't know when it would be in stock. I promptly told them to cancel my order, and bought a Benelli M1014 shotgun locally the same day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top