Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 2:40:49 PM EDT
Most people have the good old "falling" dreams where you wake up before you hit the ground. I haven't had that since I was a kid.

For years, I have had this dream where a human, or a bear is attacking me and I usually have a revolver on me (but sometimes it's an auto). So I try to pull the trigger and the damn DA trigger pull is so heavy, I can't get the hammer all the way back. So I try (even with two hands) for a minute, and then the attacker must get me, cause I wake up.

What you do ARFCOM armchair PSYCHO-analysts think of this? I wanted to put this out there for you guys 'cause God knows I'll get some screwed-up, interesting responses.

P.S. I hope this doesn't play-out in real life some day. Definitely need to function-check my pistols often...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe your subconcious mind is telling you to add a new SA gun to your collection.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the exact same one, only it's with zombies. I'm carrying a 6 inch 686, I try to pull the trigger, but I'm too weak. I think the gun is a phallic cock and the inability to pull the trigger portrays my impotence, my inability to make my cock go bang when I manually manipulate it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know...self-doubt?  Fear of failure?

Two things that aren't bad for making you keep trying to do your best.  Not so bad maybe.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of people have posted threads about their dreams. One common thing I've noticed is that guns almost never function as intended. Trigger won't pull, gun won't fire, bullets exit the barrel then drop straight to the ground, etc.

My question is why don't the damn things work in dreams?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The dream represents something or some aspect of your life that you struggle to maintain control over, but at any moment it can overtake you or ruin your life.  

The gun is your perceived control over the situation.  When the situation flares up, your inability to pull the trigger is your helplessness to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the exact same one, only it's with zombies. I'm carrying a 6 inch 686, I try to pull the trigger, but I'm too weak. I think the gun is a phallic cock and the inability to pull the trigger portrays my impotence, my inability to make my cock go bang when I manually manipulate it.

DOH!!!

Seriously though, I feel like I'm too week in mine too. Wonder how many gun owners have this same dream. It sux and is really frustrating. Maybe it's Murphey's Law telling me that even after all of my preparations, I won't be able to get the job done when it's needed. Just my pessimistic nature...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Dang guys... you're all pretty good. You been taking night classes in psychology or something?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have the 8 inch, and it works fine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A lot of people have posted threads about their dreams. One common thing I've noticed is that guns almost never function as intended. Trigger won't pull, gun won't fire, bullets exit the barrel then drop straight to the ground, etc.

My question is why don't the damn things work in dreams?

It is similar to the "deer dream" I had as a kid, I was in the street at night and I see headlights coming at me but I can't get my legs to move no matter how hard I try. Since I have become older it now happens with guns. It's a nightmare, just there to wake you up at 3:30 and make you practice more.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the 8 inch, and it works fine.

I have never had a problem with my stub nose..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top