Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 2:14:57 PM EDT
I found an interesting article today....

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050825/pl_nm/energy_montana_dc

This process sounds quite interesting to me.  I was wondering if anyone here knew a bit more about it and can comment on how feasable this really is.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me, if they can do it for $1/gal production cost (that WILL NOT be retail).  Once again proving the Market will find a way and adapt.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Further development of the process will bring that cost even lower over time, and technology can and will solve any environmental issues of using coal.  

Big oil won't allow it to happen however.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's hope it works out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good.

As long as they come up with something feasible, start putting things into motion (making serious progress), and don't have their legs cut out from underneath them by something then it's a win-win situation for us.

Either they get it working which will spark development and interest in this across the US which will drive down the cost of fuel, or OPEC will shit a brick and lower the price of crude so that the Fischer-Tropsch method is no longer econmically viable. We win. YaY us!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Further development of the process will bring that cost even lower over time, and technology can and will solve any environmental issues of using coal.  

maybe big coal will force them to.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]
So how long until that enterprising governor dies in a "tragic accident" now that he's creating competition for people who dont like it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe big coal will force them to.

... that and the power of wise investors

... why more technical universities and independent laboratories aren't pursuing the 24/7 is beyond me
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So how long until that enterprising governor dies in a "tragic accident" now that he's creating competition for people who dont like it?

Lay off the bongwater.  That is more crazy conspiracy talk.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Good im guessing we are going to see a ton more of these things
the oils guys are shooting themselves in the foot  but if anythng becomes a viable alternative poof  $45 barrel oil
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]
... I keep gravitating back to this topic

... I wanna know more damn it!

... If we can get enough people to contact the mainstream media insisting on an investigation, perhaps we can get some coverage. Exposure and a little more facts regarding this technology could potentially save this county from financial ruin.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Exposure and a little more facts regarding this technology could potentially save this county from financial ruin.

WHAT ABOUT MY COUNTY DAMN IT!

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
... I keep gravitating back to this topic

... I wanna know more damn it!

... If we can get enough people to contact the mainstream media insisting on an investigation, perhaps we can get some coverage. Exposure and a little more facts regarding this technology could potentially save this county from financial ruin.

Let's think big, shall we?  How about the country, m'kay?

I'm hoping we might get some arfcommer to poke his head out who has some actual knowledge about this and how feasable it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top