User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 10:23:09 AM EDT
Use complete words in your email.....

Hi xxx,

Reference to a position (123882)available at Wichita,  KS,  Plz email
me your updated resume and fill in the information required in the form
mentioned below asap.. Plz do lemme know your contact number also at
which you are available right now so that I can call you right after
getting your email reply and talk to you.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You are so going to be working for a 19-year-old if you take that job.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you actually get that?  If so, that's pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#4]
U B Fly fo dis Job

l33t!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#6]
My boss does this shit all the time.  She'll type something up, and ask me to make copies before distributing it to the towship paper.  And I really have to wonder, Did she actually go to high school?

Something like " PLease call and a leave a message with the answering service".  will read "Just call and LET a message".  WTF does let a message mean.  Maybe I'm still not used to the vernacular of this perticular region.  And I hate the phrase " I seen it"  You did not "seen" anything, You saw it, or you were looking at it.  Goddamn, she gets pissed when I re-type her letters before mailing.  But I can't have people thinking were just a bunch of retards with no spell check, it is bad enough that she has the worst case of halitosis I have ever encountered.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you actually get that?  If so, that's pathetic.

Yes, I actually got that.

Apparently they've never heard of "business correspondance"
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like one of those scams where they post open positions to get peoples resume and contact information so they can steal your identity.

Did the person sending at type of this previous sending this previously see your resume?  What type of employer or even head hunter would say they would call you "right away" without seeing your resume?  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My boss does this shit all the time.  She'll type something up, and ask me to make copies before distributing it to the towship paper.  And I really have to wonder, Did she actually go to high school?

Something like " PLease call and a leave a message with the answering service".  will read "Just call and LET a message".  WTF does let a message mean.  Maybe I'm still not used to the vernacular of this perticular region.  And I hate the phrase " I seen it"  You did not "seen" anything, You saw it, or you were looking at it.  Goddamn, she gets pissed when I re-type her letters before mailing.  But I can't have people thinking were just a bunch of retards with no spell check, it is bad enough that she has the worst case of halitosis I have ever encountered.  

Ya, I seen folks like this twiced before.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell, I am having trouble getting a written offer from a company that gave me a verbal offer.

dammit I hate this
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes, I actually got that.

Apparently they've never heard of "business correspondance correspondence."

Sorry.  I'm feelin' ornery today.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#12]

One of my pet peeves.  It's one thing to be "casual" here or in personal emails (and especially IM's) but as an "official" correspondence that kind of shit just makes me want to kick someone's ass bloody.

My advice to people is that you never send a work related email that you wouldn't mind if it got printed and pinned it to the lunch room wall for world+dog to see.

As people that grew up "on-line" come into the workforce we are going to be inundated with this bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hell, I am having trouble getting a written offer from a company that gave me a verbal offer.

dammit I hate this

This happend to me about a year and half ago.  I had to trick them into putting the offer into an email, which I then printed out.   The lady said it was company policy that you sign the "offer sheet" on your first day on the job, but they would not release it beforehand. wtf?  

Needless to say I delined the position.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Is this "cutsyness" or a sad commentary on our educational system?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#15]

It's been 2 1/2 years since I've checked my email at work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dammit I hate this

This happend to me about a year and half ago.  I had to trick them into putting the offer into an email, which I then printed out.   The lady said it was company policy that you sign the "offer sheet" on your first day on the job, but they would not release it beforehand. wtf?  

Needless to say I delined the position.  

and this is for a government weapons test position
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is an actual email I got after requesting cost and lead time information for a tooling change on a die cast part.

Hi Jeffery,
Please is the reply with regards to your modifications request.
Please let me know if you need more details.
Thanks and regards

The reply I *think* I was supposed to reference (because the email was composed of a number of short questions and replies and then forwarded to me):

Hi Teo,
              I have all ready discuss with David the changes.

David, as best as I can gather, is on the other side of the world, and does not even work for our organization.  I do not know him, work with him, want to talk with him, and even if I did, I don't have his contact information, and would be forced to go through the guy who sent me the above email.  There was absolutely no reference to the specific questions David was asked, or to his replies.  The author also spelled my name wrong.

My reply was "Why is this taking so long?"  I have not heard back.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
U B Fly fo dis Job

l33t!!

Your ebonic-fu is weak as there is no "b" in "Jop."  

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Reply:

Thx 4 ur em. b gitn bak 2 U ASAP. I do hv a cpl ?s tho. Bennies? Can srt date b mvd fwd 2wks? What kinda web filtr b usd n do i git my pwn qube or do I hv 2 share w/ any1 else?

Cya l8r.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like a stoner.      
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I get to deal with people who probably shouldn't be allowed within 10 feet of any kind of computer that use babelfish to communicate with us. With only english-speaking people in our sales department that I know of, I often wonder how the hell they managed to get an account here:

"
I AM HACKED AGAIN !!!!  

Dear Technical,
Why any xxxxx technical dont help me.
I am hacked again this week 4th hacked. I real cry today

look this page: xx
server: xx.xx.xx.xx

I need this hacker ip number. He stolen FTP password and cpanel password this is immpossible but he is do.

Please look this site log files and please find for me how he can do ? I am alone in the hosting world. I need help.

Please help me :( ....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was Hacked. !  

Dear Security Departman,
This week i am twice hacked.

Now xxxx.net hacked. index.html changed and cpanel password changed this is unbelievable. Hackers how can do how can change cpanel password urgent security problem

whats going on my p4 server always hacked and hackers very stupid hackers.

Please look this site log for hackers how can changed cpanel password ? and index.html file.

I am real cry today because i was configure my server all security risk. for exp: APF and BFD running ipv4 configured. but hackers still continue hack my machine.

Please help me.
"
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Use complete words in your email.....

Hi xxx,

Reference to a position (123882)available at Wichita,  KS,  Plz email
me your updated resume and fill in the information required in the form
mentioned below asap.. Plz do lemme know your contact number also at
which you are available right now so that I can call you right after
getting your email reply and talk to you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top