Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2005 2:55:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:59:35 AM EDT
[#1]
If these people pull that same stunt in east TN that they've been pulling around the nation, it may be their last one. Somehow I don't think those folks will take too kindly to these people coming around making a scene at a soldier's funeral.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Bag 'em and tag em.

They are not worth of the air they are wasting.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Protesting at a funeral. These assholes are lacking in common decency. Shameless.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:02:58 AM EDT
[#5]
That is just sooooooooo wrong.

One thing the left lunatic fringe does fairly well is organize & mobilize.

There should be "Volunteers" organized to keep order, decorum, and respect at the solemn events.

(I used the term Volunteers because, after all, it is Tennessee. )
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:04:05 AM EDT
[#6]
If it is an Irish funeral, offer them a beer or whiskey.  That will fix them, those non-drinking Baptists.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:26:00 AM EDT
[#9]
My money says this "Baptist church group" is really a front for liberal, leftist Commies to make "Christians" look like loonies.

I've been loosely associated with Baptists for 16 years now and I've never, repeat, NEVER seen this type of behavior out of them. This doesn't fit the Baptist Denomination's MO. Not even close.

These asswhipes HAVE to be lefties who have infiltrated a church.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:26:49 AM EDT
[#10]
They will smoke a turd in hell....

LB
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:29:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Something short of axe handles and shotguns, I mean.

pitchforks, torches, biological agents..........and so on

I hope these fuckers get lynched by the families of the fallen heros.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:30:06 AM EDT
[#12]
They've probably never had a good ole TN ass whooping.  But, it's coming.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Do you have any details on where or when this is going to happen.  What if the entire community came out and surrounded the funeral procession in order to shield them from the "protestors"?  If I'm free when it happens I would be willing to drive to TN and help out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:41:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Turn about is fair play.

A similar protest in Topeka at the Westboro Baptist Church disrupting Sunday services would be most appropiate.

As for the very idea that a Baptist congregation would be opposed to the war, I find very plausable.  I know of two rather stricked Baptist churches here in Michigan that advocate such things.  I've had words with one rather militant minister about it. I advised him that the same soldiers he was dishonoring were willing to fight to the death to protect his right to be an ass.  I was immediately called a tool of the devil & would burn for eternity in hell.

If you ever have a run in with a totally self rightous Bible thumper you'll see just how quickly they become down right mean.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My money says this "Baptist church group" is really a front for liberal, leftist Commies to make "Christians" look like loonies.

I've been loosely associated with Baptists for 16 years now and I've never, repeat, NEVER seen this type of behavior out of them. This doesn't fit the Baptist Denomination's MO. Not even close.

You might be on to something...

Hope Tennessee shows them a little "Deliverance" from their mental affliction...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#17]
There will be 2 funerals on Saturday. One is east of Nashville somewhere (and these idiots will be there too) but the one is at the National Guard armory on Hwy. 12 in Ashland City, which is just west of Nashville. It's about 15 minutes from where I live. Unfortunately I have to work this weekend or I planned on going to show support for this soldier from a nearby community. Then yesterday I heard on the radio about these assholes showing up. If I hadn't played "hookey" a couple weeks ago I'd call in sick, but I can't. My friend (a retired SgtMaj from 5th Group) and I were telling several 101st GI's about it yesterday at a gunshop he works at in Clarksville, suggesting they bring a bunch of them down to Ashland City and form a wall around these fucktards---a REAL close, in-your-face wall. These guys are going back to Iraq within the next month and were apalled when we told them about this.

Sad part is I'll guaran-fucking-tee you the cops will be there to protect those assholes, not the family. It's their right to protest. It's our right to beat their asses. I hope somebody fucks them up good. They deserve it. Just don't commit a crime you can't get out of, i.e. something extreme like murder. A good ass-whipping, then request a jury trial on the assault charge. NO ONE in Cheatham county will convict you.      
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:11:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
There will be 2 funerals on Saturday. One is east of Nashville somewhere (and these idiots will be there too) but the one is at the National Guard armory on Hwy. 12 in Ashland City, which is just west of Nashville. It's about 15 minutes from where I live. Unfortunately I have to work this weekend or I planned on going to show support for this soldier from a nearby community. Then yesterday I heard on the radio about these assholes showing up. If I hadn't played "hookey" a couple weeks ago I'd call in sick, but I can't. My friend (a retired SgtMaj from 5th Group) and I were telling several 101st GI's about it yesterday at a gunshop he works at in Clarksville, suggesting they bring a bunch of them down to Ashland City and form a wall around these fucktards---a REAL close, in-your-face wall. These guys are going back to Iraq within the next month and were apalled when we told them about this.

Sad part is I'll guaran-fucking-tee you the cops will be there to protect those assholes, not the family. It's their right to protest. It's our right to beat their asses. I hope somebody fucks them up good. They deserve it. Just don't commit a crime you can't get out of, i.e. murder. A good ass-whipping, then request a jury trial on the asault charge. NO ONE in Cheatham county will convict you.      

My company works for the machine shop next door to the armory, this could be interesting to say the least.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:14:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Smyrna is the other town besides Ashland City.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:17:48 AM EDT
[#20]
this really sucks
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:29:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:47:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Bag 'em and tag em.

They are not worth of the air they are wasting.

Absolutely! Could not have said it better myself. What kind of POS are you to desicrate a soldiers funeral. This person has given their life for their Country, there is no higher honor, fucking scumbags!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:50:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Funerals are PRIVATE events...can't the families of these heroes have the police remove these idiots?
LEO's ???? I'm just curious about the legality of right to peaceful demonstration VS Right to Privacy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Do I smell a mass ARFCOM fire mission road trip?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:03:07 AM EDT
[#25]
These assholes showed up outside the memorial service for the 20 Ohio Marines of 3/25 who were killed in Iraq 2 weeks ago.The best part was that not 1 news crew took any footage and you did not hear 1 word about them on the news or in the papers,that is how you defeat these assholes,don't give them the spotlight and they will slink away.

The Vietnam Vets motorcycle club showed up about 30 strong and wanted a place to all park together,funny how security gave them a spot right next to were the assholes were staged,they didn't stay long after that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Go protest their church.  Disrupt their lives.  Protest them at their "jobs", if they have any.  Wait for one of their family members to die and go protest that.  Turn about is fair play, right?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:06:38 AM EDT
[#27]
WBC to picket the funeral of Army Sgt. Gary L. Reese Jr. - at 1 p.m., Saturday, August 27, National Guard Armory, 1935 Highway 12 S., Ashland City, Tenn.

WBC to picket funeral of Army Staff Sgt. Asbury F. Hawn II - at 2 p.m., Saturday, August 27, First United Methodist Church, 300 Sam Hager St., Smyrna, Tenn.

www.godhatesamerica.com/
www.godhatesfags.com/photos/thisyear.html

http://www.dannews.net/protestpictures/godhates.jpg

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:10:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Holy shit, that is a scary group of people.  DO NOT go to their web site.  That first one will seriously piss you off.  Absolutely amazing that someone can be filled with so miuch hate for the only nation on earth that allows them to spread their filth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#29]
That's just pitiful.

Man, are they going to be surprised when they have to answer to Him for that nonsense.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#30]
WTF?????

if the people of Tn stand for this, I will be surprised.

I hope they come to Eastern KY...they probably won't be going home.  Funerals are the most revered thing there, people pull over...even on 4 lanes...for them.  Seen men get out of there cars to stand by them and take off their hats as well.  Still a community based society.

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:25:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#32]
satanists            
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Is this about the Guardsmen killed from the 278th?    I hope their reception is less than cordial.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Is this about the Guardsmen killed from the 278th?    I hope their reception is less than cordial.

Yes. RPG hit their Humvee. 3 inside were KIA and the fourth, who was in the turret, was seriously WIA (lost both legs below the knees, serious burns, is at Ft. Sam Houston).
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Anyone know the legal ramifications of ACCIDENTIALLY spilling a bucket full of pigshit on 15 people?

None that I can think of, need a hand lifting that heavy buckett?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
These assholes showed up outside the memorial service for the 20 Ohio Marines of 3/25 who were killed in Iraq 2 weeks ago.The best part was that not 1 news crew took any footage and you did not hear 1 word about them on the news or in the papers,that is how you defeat these assholes,don't give them the spotlight and they will slink away.

The Vietnam Vets motorcycle club showed up about 30 strong and wanted a place to all park together,funny how security gave them a spot right next to were the assholes were staged,they didn't stay long after that.

thats awesome!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:19:50 AM EDT
[#37]
The "god hates fags" group has been in our area as well, to protest gays only so far. I once listened to about 15 minutes of a sermon by their "pastor", kind of a know your enemy mission and was blown away by HOW MUCH HATE came from him.

These guys are real scary. Maybe they are not from earth?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#38]
OK, this is that Fred Phelps SOB and his bunch of losers.

They need the SHIT kicked out of them REAL BAD!

It would be such a shame if someone took out their vehicles so those assholes had to walk back to Kansas.

Make that LIMP back to Kansas...

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Actually, there is an Association of Baptists that are liberal, and probably mostly Democrat.
Jimmy Carter is part of that crowd.

I'm betting these guys are with them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Someone should drive by and hose them:

they deserve it and the charges would be worth it

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Someone should drive by and hose them:

xs42.xs.to/pics/05333/OnePound.jpg

they deserve it and the charges would be worth it

I like your style.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad part is I'll guaran-fucking-tee you the cops will be there to protect those assholes, not the family. It's their right to protest. It's our right to beat their asses. I hope somebody fucks them up good. They deserve it. Just don't commit a crime you can't get out of, i.e. murder. A good ass-whipping, then request a jury trial on the asault charge. NO ONE in Cheatham county will convict you.      

My company works for the machine shop next door to the armory, this could be interesting to say the least.

sharpen up that spyderco
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#43]
If it was my son or daughter they would be in for a real bad day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

No these are bonafide "Crazy Christians."

Phelps are crew are the kind of people we are talking about when we talk about "Crazy Christians."

Take a look at his site, they are HARDLY lefties.

The sad truth is not every Christian is like Old_Painless and co. Thankfully the vast majority aren't as fucked up as Phelps and co.

And religion aside, these are reprehensible excuses for humans. Even Mickey Moore hasn't pulled this kind of shit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#47]
I hope they don't get any where near those soldiers funerals.

If they do, I hope they suffer for it.

GM

NBC5 slideshow of one protest
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Keep us all updated on this.  Should get very interesting soon.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Eggs guys, lots and lots of nasty rotton eqqs!  They break on impact, and no return fire!  I'm sure no jury will convict, and any administration or Sheriff that protects them will never win a reelection.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#50]
CS Gas???

Claymores are pretty effective also.

FREE

Quoted:
There has to be some way to effectively shut them down.

Something short of axe handles and shotguns, I mean.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top