Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 9:25:08 PM EDT
That someone else has a website with my last name. Now my name ain't smith or jones. Its pretty unique. There are only a handful of people in the world with my last name and if someone else has it, chances are we are related. I have never met him, but It looks like he is a raging liberal with references to Bill mahr and such on his website. What a shame.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I always thought I had a unique maiden name but I searched it and had to go through 15 pages to find myself.  Who would have thunked it?

Patty
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Well....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have like 47 real estate agents with my name...and they all have a website
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I did a search on my name a while back, there was just one result, he who has my name is a respected and somewhat well known scientist specializing in marine chemistry and geochemistry. And remote sensing using satellite-derived data; software development; underwater instrumentation; underwater acoustics are listed as his interest...... everyone needs a hobby or two I guess....

Wow....he's way smarter than me....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I just found out I'm a black NBA player!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I've done this same search before, it brought up a lot of stuff on my uncle who was a PHD at UCLA and wrote many books, alot of stuff comes up on two different cousins who are PHD's as well, the odd thing is my last name brought up a company in China who makes industrial machines for factories.  I wonder if i have Armenian relatives living in China, lol. i think not.  McM
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not too many of those.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not too many of those.

It explains why I'm always tired when I wake up
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Well... I can find someone with my last name on a common unit of currency.

A peace of 'paper' known as the American ********* bill.

To apranoid to tell which bill it is.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I see dead people..........with my name, heh
I don't come up, apparently some state professional license websites are not searched by google
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm the third result!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#12]
From Google:

Your search - "[my name deleted]" - did not match any documents.

As far as I know I'm the only person in the world with my screwed-up name.  After raising my three older brothers, my parents decided I was going to be a scholar so they named me appropriately.  I can't find any web pages on Google with my name listed.  I've used the initial Z to sign my name and a nickname Zoom since before I can remember.z
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Please excuse my hijack since this did not involve google, but an interesting story anyway.
My dad had an unusual name. Was easy to assume there couldn't be any one else with the same name. Eventually he found out there was. They lived in adjacent states and were in the same business, selling machinery and tools to factories/shops of all sizes. Their territories overlapped somewhat, that is how dad found out about the other guy. They eventually met one time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Dang, I googled "Farquar J. Asshattias", and wouldn't you know I'm the only one!?!?

Kind of fun googling yourself. Wonder if you'll go blind doing it too much?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dang, I googled "Farquar J. Asshattias", and wouldn't you know I'm the only one!?!?

Kind of fun googling yourself. Wonder if you'll go blind doing it too much?

Just ask an old IT guy about "fingering" yourself.

You'll go blind doint that, for sure!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I did a search for mine and found a guy with my first middle and last name AND the same birthday!!! He was born 10 years to the day earlier than me. Freaked me out.. He was on some website for being a runner at his college.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I found a guy with my full name who has an outstanding warrant! Failure to appear on charges of public intoxication!

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:04:50 AM EDT
[#19]
No results for my full name; a few with first/last name including a councilwoman, the owner of Petsitters Inc and a couple of crime victims.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:07:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I found that someone bought the domain for my last name .... it's a website where this guy posts pictures of x-rays of things stuck up peoples butts. ...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:09:59 AM EDT
[#22]
My last name is the same as Madonna's...

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:13:41 AM EDT
[#23]
A pianist in Slovakia
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Some black musician stole my name.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I finished a high school football game in Cincy with almost 100 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

Pretty amazing -- almost 50 and still in high school.  

- CD

PS: Further searching shows me I did manage to graduate from high school and now I go to John Carroll University.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
No results for my full name; a few with first/last name including a councilwoman, the owner of Petsitters Inc and a couple of crime victims.

Just for fun, I looked  up the names associated with those clues.  Probably TMI, especially if your initials are PB!

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I know someone with the same name as me.

They're on ar15.com

And they live in Austin

And they used to live in the same town in CA that we moved from

Where's my tin foil hat?

I can beat that one. I have an unusual name. So unusual that, in all my life, I have found only two other people that had the name. One was my father, and the other was an attorney with a different middle initial.

Just to preface this story, let me tell you that I have four daughters. That's all the kids that anyone has legally proven, anyway.

Some years ago I was sitting at home when the phone rang. The kids had ordered pizza so I figured it was just the pizza parlor calling to confirm the order. I said "hello."

A woman said "Cliff?"

"Yes," I said.

"This is Lynne," she said. I had to think for a minute. I didn't know anyone named Lynne except some woman my wife worked with and I didn't know why she would be calling me.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Your son would like to speak with you," she said.

I was, to say the least, surprised.

"Whaaaaat??!!" I asked.

"Your son would like to speak with you for his birthday," she said.

At this point I was in something of a panic mode. She knew my name, and apparently recognized my voice, and here she was claiming that I was the father of her son. I thought back madly. How old must this kid be? Five? Six? Seven? What the hell was I doing seven years ago?  Did I go on a bender and completely lose a weekend in Vegas or something?

With my heart fairly thumping I asked her, "Who is this?"

"This is Lynne," she said.

"Lynne who?" I asked.

"Lynne (my last name)" she said.

My first thought was "Oh shit, I married the bitch!" Instant heart attack. How I am going to explain this to my wife?

Then I recovered and remembered that would be pretty odd because I had been married to my wife for quite a while. I am pretty sober too, so I was pretty sure I hadn't gone completely off my rocker long enough to marry someone. We eventually worked out that I was not the guy she was looking for.

Some years later I got a call from a police department somewhere in the midwest about my "son". It seems he had tried to commit suicide and they wanted me to come take care of him. It took me about half an hour to convince them that I wasn't the guy they wanted. I felt sorry for the kid, but I didn't know what I could do.

Some years after that we moved into a new house. Shortly after we moved a real estate appraiser came by for an appointment. She was late arriving, so the first thing she did was apologize. "Sorry," she said, "but I went to your other house about a mile away."

"My OTHER house?" I asked. I had not lived a mile away before I moved into my current house.

"Yes," she said, and showed me the paperwork she had. It was apparently owned by a guy with the exact same name as mine, and his wife's name (also fairly unusual) was the same as my wife's name. Not only that, but they had moved from their house the same month that we moved into our new house.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme. I am outa here.

As far as googling myself, I typically get thousands of references -- all me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:22:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Damn, most of the results where PHDs from the 40s and 70s.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I am getting a few cool ones as my top hits.

High quality audio mixer company
A company that makes grinder machines and tools in Germany
An engineering library
Large transportation equipment (giant forklifts and the like)
An art gallery
A famous actor from the show "Cheers"

All with my last name on it
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I get a couple of pages with references to my articles.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#31]

To my knowledge, there is nobody else with my last name in the world (except my brother, his two kids, and my two parents).

Googling my name just gives me my webpage, and tons of links to my publications. BOOORING  !!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Hmm.. I googled myself, and the first five hits were some actor who had the temerity to have the same name as me.

Number six and seven was me.

Number eight was the actor again, I don't show up for about another page.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

PS: Further searching shows me I did manage to graduate from high school and now I go to John Carroll University.  

Hey, are you the one who set fire to a corner office in the English department a few years ago? All that ruckus in the O'Mallley building woke me up.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I can be found on E-bay according to the top search  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a very unusual first name and my last name is common enough but not very. I've found one person with the same first and last name, but he was dead. I wrote a few letters back and forth with his wife, he was an audiologist in Prescott, Arizona.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#36]
All I came up with was an old GunsAmerica ad I had posted.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#37]
There's a guy in town who has the same name as me. Guessing by the phone calls I have received:

- He fails to pay his consumer debts in a timely manner
- He is at least 20 years older (called me for the 40th reunion party)
- Moves around quite a lot (thus the collectors cannot find him)
- Speaks with a pronounced drawl (I speak midwestern, personal callers know immediately we are not the same person)
- Has a brother who also does not pay his debts named John (which is wierd, because I too have a brother named John)
- Was in the infantry during Khe Sahn (sp?) and his ID is having a reunion.

I doubt he gets that much info on me. I try to stay under the radar.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Here's something interesting that I found through google:

9. ***my name*** - U.S. Social Security Death Index
Birth: 23 Oct 1881  State Where Number was Issued: Michigan  Death: Dec 1963

That would explain why I'm so cold...been dead for 40+ years.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#39]
My name is shared by a rabid racist's website and by  an SS Gruppenfuhrer (SS-Major General Dr. xxxx, privy-councilor and chief of the German Administration in Serbia ) executed after the 2nd world war as the "butcher of Zagreb" who was responsible for the execution of thousands of migrant Gypsies.  

Thanks, Dad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top