Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:22:30 PM EDT
My girlfriend of one and a half years broke up with me sunday.  I thought she was the one.

But you know what?  I'm feeling good anyway.  I'm pretty much broke.  But I'm feeling good anyway.

I think tomorrow has a lot of promise if I take advantage of all the opportunities I would miss with a negative attitude.  I hope I feel the same tomorrow.   But I'm pretty sure I will.

And I think I can train myself to ignore the bad things and take advantage and enjoy the good things.

And you know what?   Even though I hoped to make a life with my girlfriend ,  it didn't end up that way.  It doesn't mean it's my fault or her fault.  That's just the way things turned out, and I got a lot of good out of the experience.  

Can I get a happy birthday to Dave?   I can't believe how positive I feel.                                                

I could type more, but that about sums it up.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy Birthday Dave!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Happy Birthday

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy Birthday. Hang in there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
You'd be a lot more broke if she had dragged you to the altar, then run off with the pool boy on your honeymoon.

Before you get down on yourself, read this: Oprah Winfrey's sensitive guide to tender relationships then thank your lucky stars that you are a free man and concentrate on something that you would NEVER be able to do as a slave kept man, something creative and liberating, like putting a Bridgeport mill in your dining room.

Here, check it out:

Now would you rather be machining 300 series stainless or waiting for hours in "Linens n Things"?

I rest my case.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
happy birthda dangerdave,  keep your head up
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
There are soooooo many women.

And they allllll have vaginas.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
lay off the     man
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
LIFE WILL GO ON!

hAPPY bIRTHDAY dUDE!

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I "wishe" you a happy birthday.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Happy B-day. Whatever doesn't kill ya makes you stronger.

Keep on keepin' on.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!  Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top