User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 6:58:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Christopher Walkin for President 2008

Platform:

These are the issues that need solutions now, and Christopher Walken is not afraid to address them. He wants his supporters and opponents to know that he is clear in his ideals and will fight to lead America to a better place.

Campaign Finance Reform:
  "I believe that campaign finance is a very tough issue, with good points on both sides; but I feel, as a wealthy American, that I should have no more say than even the least fortunate American citizen. Free speech in politics is about the voices of all those who support you, not who supports you with the biggest voice."

Military Funding:
  "I am a huge supporter of the military. I have always thought of them as our guardians, and when our guardians are making less than the poverty line, and children are suffering because their parents decided to join the military, well, I get very upset. I feel that instead of sending billions to the Pentagon's pet projects, it should go to the troops."

Stem Cell Research:
  "I'd met Chris Reeve several times before he died, and after having met him it is tough to be against [stem cell research]. I am for human knowledge and expansion of human life. If stem cells are one way to do that, I cannot support legislation to restrict this potentially life-saving research."

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
This is both a Dupe and a Hoax.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Walken came out last week and said he's not running, it's a spoof unauthorized website
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
"Our great country is in a terrible downward spiral. We're outsourcing jobs, bankrupting social security, and losing lives at war. We need to focus on what's important-- paying attention to our children, our citizens, our future. We need to think about improving our failing educational system, making better use of our resources, and helping to promote a stable, safe, and tolerant global society. It's time to be smart about our politics. It's time to get America back on track."  

Great actor.  But what's he smokin'??
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be first to say it in this thread at least:
America needs more cowbell!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Walken came out last week and said he's not running, it's a spoof unauthorized website

Precisely.

EDIT:

A claim that Walken had launched a campaign for the White House caused a stir as it made the Internet rounds in recent days, fueled by a sophisticated website (www.walken2008.com) that lists a campaign platform, testimonials and bits of purported Walken wisdom intended to carry him far with voters in red and blue states.

Only, it's all a joke.

"The person who put this together was just trying it as a hoax, I presume," said Mara Buxbaum, Walken's publicist. "My take on it is it sounds like the person who put this on the Web took his role in 'Wedding Crashers' too seriously and now wants him to run for the presidency."

A spokesman for New Line Cinema, which released the film, said the website is not part of any publicity campaign by its marketing department. The movie already has grossed $165 million and doesn't appear to need extra help at the box office, he added.

Although the campaign is fake, there's a certain Ross Perot quality to the website that lends it an air of authenticity.

Good tie in.  Leave it to a publicist to take an internet hoax and attempt to stear it into royalties.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top