Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:08:58 PM EDT
I have read the internet on this. Seems like I jut have to suck it up and deal with it. I got two nasty ones, I have not ate in about 2.5 days, and I can't sleep well from the pain. Side of my tounge right near my molars. Sleeping on the couch becuase of the rustlin' I am doing trying to sleep and waking up to numb it. I am using all the typical gels. I loaded up on B12. I am doing the salt water rinse as well.

Any idea's?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
warm salt water

eta
didn't read entire post......your on top of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck the water and use just salt.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Just what I was going to say.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
windex fixes everything
do I lose manliness points for seeing that movie?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just what I was going to say.

Exactly.  It'll burn like hell for a little while but then it will drop off pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
In the past, I have hit them with a straight-on shot of powdered baking soda....good ol' Arm & Hammer.

Your eyes will water and it will feel like you swallowed a match, but they'll stop hurting for a good amount of time afterwards.  Re-apply as necessary.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
windex fixes everything
do I lose manliness points for seeing that movie?

My big fat gay wedding?

Yeah I was forced to watch it too.

Windex DOES fix everything.......with a side of Duct Tape that is!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Assadopholes(sp) It's a hebal remedy. It helps control the yeast in your system. Thats all a canker sore is.
I would get sores every other day untill I started taking it. Then I got them about once a month.

Now I'm only on Aciphex for my stomach and I haven't had one in several months.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Go to Wal-Mart or Walgreens and pick up some Kanka.  You can thank me later when your mouth feels like new.  It's made by Blistex.

KANKA
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Pour a shot of bourbon.
Hold it in your mouth over the sore.

It will hurt for a moment.  Keep holding it.

After two or more minutes, consume the bourbon.  Smile.

Hey, it worked on an abcess where my wisdom tooth used to be.  
Salt/salt water, aspirin/ibuprofen, etc.

You have my sympathies.  Perhaps a visit to the friendly apothecary or medic is in order?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Pour a shot of bourbon Bacardi 151
Hold it in your mouth over the sore.

It will hurt for a moment.  Keep holding it.

After two or more minutes, consume the bourbonBacardi 151.  Smile.

Hey, it worked on an abcess where my wisdom tooth used to be.  
Salt/salt water, aspirin/ibuprofen, etc.

You have my sympathies.  Perhaps a visit to the friendly apothecary or medic is in order?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#12]
just got rid of one toward the front- kept biting th m-f er -talk about pain.  it finnally just went away- no treatment at all
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#13]
You can also take a quarter aspirin and let it dissolve on the sore spots. It'll numb it for a couple hours. Make sure you don't take fifty aspirin. Use a quarter of one.

Also works on bee stings. take an aspirin and hold it on the sting with a wet wash cloth. Numbs it up right away.

GT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Gargle and rinse your mouth with a 50/ 50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and water they will be gone by morning. Where do I send the bill?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Rinse your mouth with peroixide several times a day.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Another hydrogen peroxide user. I use it straight when I first feel the sore starting and it always stops them in their tracks...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Arrow root (starch) powder.  Mix a tablespoon heaping with warm water.  Cook slowly and add honey.  Drink.  If you want quick and dirty, mix with warm water and guzzle it down.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#18]
these sores are usually caused by a vitaman A deficency, add some to your diet and you may never have them again.,
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Stop using toothpaste when you brush your teeth.

Just use a water dampened brush or put a little listerine on it to keep your halitosis down.

For me none of the above remedies (baking soda, salt, lysine, alcohol) made much difference but when I stopped brushing with toothpaste for a few days they go away a LOT faster. One of chemicals in toothpaste keeps new cells from forming and just aggravates the canker.

Mine are usually on the inside of my lower lip, REAL pain when you bite it when eating. ARGGGHGHGHG!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I've suffered from massive, very painful canker sores for most of my life.  A couple of years ago a doctor told me to start eating yogurt daily and it would help.  I eat yogurt almost every day now and almost NEVER get them anymore.  Once in a great while I'll get a very small one that doesn't hang around long.   Much easier to handle than the "nickle" sized sores!  Eat yogurt every day if you get them often enough.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#22]
It's herpes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Lemon juice and tobassco sauce.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top