Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 4:44:33 PM EDT
Guys, I need some advice here.  Yesterday my wife was in school attending a lecture.  There was a ghetto girl sitting behind my wife who was being loud and crass.  My wife, not one to hold her tongue, turned around and told her that some people are actually here to learn.  The ghetto girl gives my wife the evil eye.  My wife goes to the administration and reports the incident.  They inform my wife that this girl has had a lot of problems 'acting out'.  

Today at the morning break the ghetto girl tells my wife that if she ever says anything like that again that she will 'Fuck her up'.  This isn't the part that scares me, I know my wife could kill a wild buffalo one on one.  My wife is worried that the ghetto girl will have her hommies do something, probably violent.  I don't know if she belongs to a gang or not.  My wife filed a police report about the incident.  My question is can we get a restraining order?  Would it work if we did?  If we can get a restraining order, we will need her address which the school has, can they give it to us?

Before you start, she does carry, but what if there isn't a clear life threating danger?  I've already gone over the avoidance issuses with her.  I don't want to ever see my wife get hurt, please give me some good advice.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Have her carry some less-lethal.  Pepper spray on a key chain.  If that doesn't solve the problem, then draw down.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, good idea.  For some reason I never think less lethal.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Visit the ghetto girl say if you mess with my wife I'll slice you
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Extra mags, because homies can't shoot for shit.  

But they multiply like rabbits.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#6]
There is probably nothing that Jonny Law would be willing to do that would actually help the safty factor. I would just make sure that you report every incident, and keep your guard up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Reporting the threat is both the right thing to do, and it wil certainly get your wife beaten when she least expects it.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF kind of school is that?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#9]
The only way school districts pay attention is when you mention "Lawyer"  "Sue" "Lawsuit" "Legal recourse" or other such.

In TX, Busses are required to come up to special needs children's homes to pick them up.

The school district here didn't want to come to my house.

"We cant' get our busses in there"

Ok.  We just had threee mobile homes put in here...So, that's a lie.

I'm like..."Ok, we'll just meet your busses out where the other kids wait for thier busses."

"Well, um, It's pretty far out of the route, maybe you'd be better off *I blank in anger...words...words..words..*"

"Oh, I see.  Well, I Hope I don't have to get a lawyer to get this ironed out."
I HATE the public schools.

ETA:  They came to the regular bus stop with a quickness.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
We filed the report so there would be a clean, easy to follow trail of harassment, to make it easier to prosocute this bitch in the event anything did happen.

BTW - She does have an extra mag with her at all times.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We filed the report so there would be a clean, easy to follow trail of harassment, to make it easier to prosocute this bitch in the event anything did happen.

Might just, in passing mention that you expect the school to provide a "Safe working environment" for your wife.  

They'll get it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
file a report with campus security AND the police.

most likely it's just bullshit but never take a threat lightly. might be a good excuse to get the ho expelled.

+1000
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might just, in passing mention that you expect the school to provide a "Safe working environment" for your wife.

They'll get it.

That's a good idea.  I'll definately use that one.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You have to say "cut", you can't say slice, the meaning would be lost.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Have her carry some less-lethal.  Pepper spray on a key chain.  If that doesn't solve the problem, then draw down.

Thats a good way for her to get killed.

If she is going to carry a weapon she needs something that will overcome all comers.  Looks like she is armed well is has an extra mag.  She will just need to be very aware of the situation surrounding her.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to say "cut", you can't say slice, the meaning would be lost.

I was thinkging "GUT"
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#17]

...what does your wife carry?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife isn't even allowed to carry less-lethal at her school, it would violate the school's weapons policy and get her fired.  I bought her some awhile back and it sits in her dresser drawer, she can't even put it on her keychain.  Keep in mind the school's weapons policy before you risk getting your wife kicked out over some ghetto girl's threats.  Further, ghetto girl won't care about restraining orders either, and if your wife or anyone else lays a hand on her she'll sue the school and your wife, even though she's been asking for it for years.  

We don't need gun control, we need ghetto people control.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#19]
The wife caries a KAHR PM9 with 2 mags, a total of 13 shots.  The schools weapons policy only applies to the weapons they know about.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#20]
1911 two spare mags.  Nothing less.  Its her word against the ghetto girls if she feels threaten so tell the wife to make sure she's real quiet when she's finished.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish I could get my wife to carry the 1911.  Her $65 purse wouldn't even hold a 1911, let alone 2 extra mags.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I wish I could get my wife to carry the 1911.  Her $65 purse wouldn't even hold a 1911, let alone 2 extra mags.

Two words: Panty Holster Patty
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Sh'ed have to wear panties to wear a panty holster.  Do they really make panty holsters?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The wife caries a KAHR PM9 with 2 mags, a total of 13 shots.  The schools weapons policy only applies to the weapons they know about.

Thats the kind of policy I like.

Roy

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#25]
What school is this?  I have an idea, but I'd still like to know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What school is this?  I have an idea, but I'd still like to know.

It's the AZ School of Massage.  It's located near Metro Center.  I figure criminals are exempt from gun laws, so if they catch her I'll just remind them of her driving record, very illegal.

Seriously, I'd rather her be alive and out of school, than dead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, not where I was thinking, but Metro Center has been a ghetto area and ghetto mall for a long time now.  Not surprised.  I doubt anyhting will happen.  Just some bottom-feeder talking shit.  With any luck the place teaches above this bitches skill level and she'll be back on the street selling crack in no time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#29]
How about a letter opener that is sharp? You know somewhere down the road your wife might have to open a letter or two........
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Document everything.  Make sure the powers that be know that you will be holding them responseable for your wife's safety.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Well, I doubt this school is big enough to have a reputation to worry about, so the threat of negative publicity, to reduce their incoming students/cash flow may/may not work here.  

I was in a similar situation, considerably worse (frequent death threats and assaults), and I ended up moving off campus.   The school officials' standard policy was to deny any problems existed, or accuse me of instigating them.

It took several tape recordings and photographs to show the officials they couldn't legitimately deny them any longer.   I threatened to go to the local news media.   They thought I was bluffing, and found out I wasn't.    They refunded my all of my prepaid room & board $$$, and no longer treated me like a "college kid" for my remaining 3 years.

Currently, it's just your wife's word against the girls'.   Ain't nobody gonna take any action on that alone.    And the school ain't gonna take any action until it become the least objectionable action.
You need to start collecting hard evidence and keep a log of pertinent events.

In your case, I'd report the threat to school and local police, and demand a copy of the filed complaint.   If they won't provide a copy, send them a follow up written complaint and have proof of delivery to them.    I'd suggest your wife carry a microcassette recorder, to record any addition statements this girl makes.   They are so small now they can be hidden easily.   A remote microphone under a shirt collar helped me record statements from persons 8-10 ft away.   Put it in her purse, aimed at the girl's desk during class, to catch any discreetly uttered threats

A little surveillance on your part would let your wife know the make/model/color vehicle this girl drives, so your wife can have a little more situational awareness.   Covertly photograph the car and any friends the girl associates with, pretty easy with today's digital cameras.   IMO cockroaches tend to stay in groups, and I'll bet her friends might raise a little police interest.

If you follow the girl home, I wouldn't record it, or mention to ANYONE that you've done it.   That may be seen as stalking/intent on your part.   If no one knows about it, no one can accidently mention it when talking to the cops later.

I'd do a little research before asking for a temporary 30-day restraining order.   Filing for one may allow the girl to file one on your wife, as well as supplying some of your personal info to the girl.   It may prevent the girl from attending school.   A restraining order on your wife, and perhaps you,  may impinge your RKBA.

If this getto girl has absolutely nothing to lose, I doubt a restraining order will improve the situation, based on my years as a cop.   It's just a single sheet of paper, won't stop a determined mouse.   It tends to escalate tensions and bring the warring parties closer to a confrontation.   IMO, it prods the recipient to violence about as often as it quells violence.   I've been to plenty of domestic disturbances where a restraining order was already in effect.

If an incident happens, will this girl lie her head off?   Will her friends corroberate HER story?   Do you think the race card could be played?   Will her civil rights be violated?   Do you have a home, or other assets a lawyer might go after?   Just a few things to consider.    It may be much much wiser to simply aviod the trash, than get pulled into their shithole world.   Are there other classes or schools available?

I fought a similar battle, mainly because I didn't have any acceptable alternative.   It was a long. miserable experience, with nothing much gained in the end.   I would have much rather had an enjoyable and productive four months of education.  

Seriously think of the possible incidents that might happen in the future,  and decide what kind of negative impact they could have on your life.   Getto girl is irrelevant.   She will always be  trash.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Sometimes it seems kind of strange who the legal system protects from getting what they need.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Damn you guys worry about shit too much.  Tell ghetto girl to fuck off and if she wants to whoop your wifes ass then be about it and stop talking shit.  

You guys kill me with this shit.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Great thing about Texas law: If your university doesn't allow guns on campus (ours stopped allowing them shortly before I showed up. Bastards!) you can still legally store your guns in your car.

About half the trucks and cars on campus have a rifle or shotgun stowed out of sight somewhere and I know of (not know, know of) at least half a dozen people who carry a concealed handgun (presumably, some of them don't have a license) on campus for their personal protection.

As for other weapons, the policy is laxly enforced. I got away with having most of my swords on campus "for the renaissance fair"... Which didn't happen until the next semester anyway. Knives, you can pretty much get away with anything as long as you keep the scary ones out of sight of the general public. Guns, no way.

On the other hand, most of the RA's on campus have the policy of "what I don't know can't hurt you". As long as you're responsible about it and don't get caught, they don't care what you bring on campus.

Both my friend (an RA) and I have agreed that, upon our turning 21, if either of us should ever be caught with a handgun on campus, nobody knows anything about anything and we have no idea where it came from.

So far we're both looking at CZ-52's so we can go to the range in town without going broke.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I've had it happen.  Big pride issue.  Anyway, the best thing your wife can do is what sh'es already done.  She already carries, so she's got asome good protection there.  At this point, the absolute best thing she can do is avoid this chick at all costs.  My seem obvious, but after a while the chick'll probably forget seeing as she'll have threatened a few other people for mundane things.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#36]
is that true about the firarms in the vehcles, can you pint me to where the law implicitly states this?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top