Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 4:14:11 PM EDT
Best line I've ever heard in a war movie. Everyone in the place laughed out loud at that one.
It was spoken by Capt. Redding as he downed a can of milk after the POWs broke in to the pantry of the Japanese mess hall and found the place stocked full of Red Cross food packages meant for the prisoners.

I had a rare spot of free time today. I went to see "The Great Raid". Over all a good movie. The love story distracted from the plot. I don't know the historical accuracy of that sub plot but it served as a vehicle to tell the story of the Fillipino resistance.
I was also a bit surprised that the producers made no effort to sugar coat Japanese atrocities.

This film should play well in Manila. Probably not so well in Tokyo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It's out?  I so have not been paying attention... I think I might go see it!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Never seen it.

I hate that love story crap hollydumb thinks it needs to attract women.

Like Mrs Goon said after watching "Enemies At the Gate"

"Why the hell did they put the love story in there?  It didn't belong there.  I have "Beaches".
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Never seen it.

I hate that love story crap hollydumb thinks it needs to attract women.

I have to say that the "love story" did burn too much screen time. But it didn't ruin the movie. I would have rather seen more of the planning and execution stages of the raid. The director should have spent more time on life in the camp as well. But like I said, there was a sub plot connected to the love story which told a small part of the story of the Fillipino resistance and how they smuggled medicines and information to the camps. And how they suffered for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top