Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 4:07:53 PM EDT
I've been scrounging materials to build a new outhouse for our deer hunting camp. So far, among other minor things, I've got hickory flooring and a fancy door with a stained glass window.

Today I found: copper roofing!

Eat your hearts out, you indoor-plumbing types.    
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
cool the best ting i ever found at the dump was a trap machine(clay target  thrower)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Stained glass window in an outhouse...

There's a joke there somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Dump?  WTF is that?

Ohhhh, you mean the property redistribution center!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty sure somewhere in GA there is a makarov sitting in a dump.

Or there is a very happy dump digger....

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
ok that good for the structure, but it should look like this on the inside

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Youse rich folk end up wif all the good stuf...  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
A guy named Rodent talking about finding stuff at the dump......who would have thought?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:56:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to have to find a good bookshelf now - with the hickory floor, stained glass window and copper roof, nobody who goes in my upscale outhouse is going to want to leave.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ok that good for the structure, but it should look like this on the inside

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41056

Casa de Hielo?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:01:18 AM EDT
[#10]
You need a dumbwaiter and one of those little service bells so the maid can fetch you sammiches whilst you take care of business.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#11]
You know copper is recycling around here for $1.40 cents per lb.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:23:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I found an ear.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:25:12 AM EDT
[#13]
i found a bloody glove, but it did not fit.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I found an ear.

Blahhhhh! Are you serious?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:54:33 AM EDT
[#15]
My best dump find got my ass whopped.
When I was about 13 I found some cool looking metal cyliners about 12" long and 3" in dia at the dump on base were I lived. I put a bunch in a box and got on the base bus back to housing.  Once I got home I broke out the hammer, wrenches and big rocks to try to open one and see what was inside. Even after beating on it for an hour I couldnt get it open, so I gave up and went to the pool.

What a surprise when I can home and found the base EOD team and 5 trucks park around my house.  My dad was concerned when he came home and found a bunch of LIVE Artilery fuse   laying on the back deck. He became PISSED OFF when he went inside and found one on the kitchen table.
He thought someone was trying to kill him.
. After the EOD guy threw them in a bucket and left laughing I got a good lesson in self-defense. I loved that dump.......................... I was no longer allowed to go there

I think I will give him a call right know and relive the good times.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#16]
LOL, I used to scavenge mortar tail fins and other "treasures" from the ranges at Camp Lejeune when I was younger and even dumber than I am now.

I'm convinced I could build, furnish and heat a house with what I see at the dump. If you weren't too particular about matching shingles and tiles, etc, it could be just as high quality as anything else. Sort of a Pippi Longstockings style - maybe it would set a trend.

I saw new drip edge, bundles of cedar shingles, and Metalbestos stove pipe recently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top