BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 2:31:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That article is pure shit man.  Plain and simple
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
SOOOOOO The Police couldn't carry either?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Being OSHA it wouldnt apply to police, but would be a strict guidline that all businesses must adopt for their employees to follow.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]

OSHA ought to ban guns in every workplace across America -- thereby preempting the Oklahoma legislation and sending the National Rifle Association packing.

Since when does OSHA make laws?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
"About 17 employees are murdered every week in American workplaces by someone with a gun, making gun-related killings the third-biggest safety hazard facing American workers -- right after vehicles and machines. In fact, gun-related homicide is the leading cause of death at the workplace for women."

17x52=884

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Gunshops too?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]
If they would just make murder illegal we could cut to the chase and avoid all of these social problems..
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If they would just make murder illegal we could cut to the chase and avoid all of these social problems..

Exactly.  What a dumb fuck this guy is.  "Gee, I would have gone to work today and killled 25 people, but that darn OSHA regulation says I can't bring my gun there.  Oh well, so mmuch for that idea."
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"About 17 employees are murdered every week in American workplaces by someone with a gun, making gun-related killings the third-biggest safety hazard facing American workers -- right after vehicles and machines. In fact, gun-related homicide is the leading cause of death at the workplace for women."

17x52=884

Yea, bullshit statistics as always.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

17x52=884

I assume this includes drug dealers standing at street corners...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

17x52=884

I assume this includes drug dealers standing at street corners...

Probably includes Kwiki shop owners who get wacked as well.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#12]
yeah, but that "17 killed on the job per week" doesn't mean that the killings were a result of another employee -- most are probably from robberies
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
yeah, but that "17 killed on the job per week" doesn't mean that the killings were a result of another employee -- most are probably from robberies

Yeah, but, the robbers are "on the job," too, right?

Fucking feds.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#14]
"Hey guys, I'm a criminal who has a complete disregard for the law. I'm going to work to kill everybody today."

"Oh shit, I can't enter this building, there's a 30.06 sign!"
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry I feel that OSHA should make regs REQUIRING firearm owners to carry to work to prevent excessive casualties when disgruntled ex-employee comes in blasting they will get blasted back.  Oh wait, Would there be as many shootings at work if everyone was armed? I think not.

The perp will actually decide that there is no way they will get the intended target because they will have to dodge a hail of fire from the rest of the employees and it would not be worth the effort because the person that they wanted to kill would not get killed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Last I checked, congress made laws.  Not OSHA.

For that matter, last I checked, the constitution didn't give the government the power to regulate business.  Eh, that battle's been lost for 90+ years.  And it took a President from our own side to lose it too, no less...  good old TR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top