Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2005 2:16:24 PM EDT
You guys say it's a pretty good movie, so....

Beer   or    Crown and coke
Fullscreen  or   widescreen
snack   or   no snack

input please...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

snack   or   no snack

input please...

Its best enjoyed with a Maadi AK at your side and a bunch of mags. If you can find some blanks and a blank adapter for your AK, you can help out.

We did what with SP1s and watched Platoon. We expended over 900 rnds in the living room helping out during the firefights.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Beer, widescreen and if you have an AK, get it out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Have lots of money to spend...

After watching the movie, you will feel a strong urge to buy more ammo, mags and firearms.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweeeet.

Go get 'em tiger  Great movie.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
At the end he gets............

Just kidding. I don't even remember what happens in that film.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Have lots of money to spend...

After watching the movie, you will feel a strong urge to buy more ammo, mags and firearms.

Yep and you will cringe a little more for every 4473 you fill out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Its best enjoyed with a Maadi AK at your side and a bunch of mags. If you can find some blanks and a blank adapter for your AK, you can help out.

We did what with SP1s and watched Platoon. We expended over 900 rnds in the living room helping out during the firefights.

WOW, tell me you're kidding..
that's hilarious

Quoted:

No AK, how's about a RRA Entry tactical?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a lot better movie once you get somewhere into the second sixpack.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Beer
Full Screen
Snack

Great movie!

HH
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
The chair is against the wall.

John has a long mustache.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's hilarious

Quoted:

When I worked at a gun shop and range we did that sort of stuff all the time. We were all ex military, well 3 out of 5 were. We practiced clearing that townhouse all the time with our rifles and blanks.

the RRA will have to do, but after watching it, you will be mysteriously swayed to get an AK. You must have an AK. AKs are super sweet. they talk to you when you are lonely, They brighten up a room. They make the whole world feel fine. An AK is in your future.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's hilarious

Quoted:

When I worked at a gun shop and range we did that sort of stuff all the time. We were all ex military, well 3 out of 5 were. We practiced clearing that townhouse all the time with our rifles and blanks.

the RRA will have to do, but after watching it, you will be mysteriously swayed to get an AK. You must have an AK. AKs are super sweet. they talk to you when you are lonely, They brighten up a room. They make the whole world feel fine. An AK is in your future.

that already made me want one...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

John Milius STOLE that from "The Longest Day" Also a GREAT film.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snack   or   no snack

input please...

At least you weren't using Airsoft AKs

God, that is SO teh
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#18]
avenge me.

AVENGE ME!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Whiskey, beef jerky, and a firearm or two.  You're set.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Wounds my heart with a monotonus langour."
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn I wish I could watch it for the first time again! It was great the first 5 or 6 times I saw it but the first time I saw it, it was all I could think about for days.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Damn I wish I could watch it for the first time again! It was great the first 5 or 6 times I saw it but the first time I saw it, it was all I could think about for days.

C'mon now, it can't be that good can it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#23]
You could make some Campbell's soup for a snack.

You have to heat it over fire, though.

G
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#24]
"Colonel...Wake up.  We're going to go shoot up an armored colum."

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I need to buy that movie.  The neutered version that plays on TV just leaves you wanting the real thing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#26]
What makes us different from them, Jeb? What makes us any different????

Because WE live here!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I just rented it a couple of days ago. It was much better than I remember. Shooting scenes were above average.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
WOLVERINES!

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WOLVERINES!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/SD6clx/wolverines.jpg

That's pretty cool
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snack   or   no snack

input please...

Are you serious?  That is wild, I hope you had adequate ventilation...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I must admit, the patriotic tones of the movie are far greater than the movie itself. The storyline could have made far more sense and been more realistic with better writing. IMHO, the actual quality of the movie is about like the Rambo movies....not very good. The real reason we like it is because the characters are self sufficient, patriotic and willing to fight for our nation.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I must admit, the patriotic tones of the movie are far greater than the movie itself. The storyline could have made far more sense and been more realistic with better writing. IMHO, the actual quality of the movie is about like the Rambo movies....not very good. The real reason we like it is because the characters are self sufficient, patriotic and willing to fight for our nation.

Nail.  Meet hammer.

No joke.  I was a kid when that cam out and, man......We were all about that.  

At that point we were making plans to go back in the bush and resisting after stealing hunting guns from various houses.

The Russians were coming, it was just a matter of WHEN.

'course, this was coastal NC and, all of us were the sons of CG, Army, Marines, and, Navy, in that order.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#33]
This movie needs to be remade with a different boogyman and better actors.  What could Spielburg do with this movie!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#34]

The real reason we like it is because the characters are self sufficient, patriotic and willing to fight for our nation.

And they had the guts to do the right thing to the traitor in their group.

Hillary Clinton would be so disappointed  with those kids.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The real reason we like it is because the characters are self sufficient, patriotic and willing to fight for our nation.

And they had the guts to do the right thing to the traitor in their group.

Hillary Clinton would be so disappointed  with those kids.

Thanks asshole
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always thought of that line as an "homage" not artistic theft.
Yes, this movie will make you want to buy ammo, an AK and one of those nifty combloc para smocks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Crown & Coke
Fullscreen
No snack

If you don't already own them, get ready to raid the bank account to buy an AK-47 and a Ruger Blackhawk.  They play a big part in the movie and you're gonna want one of each after watching.

Congrats on your very good taste in selecting movies, you're going to LOVE it.  Truly an American classic and a must see for every patriot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I saw this recently, It's a cool movie but I couldn't get over the russian camo!its crazy
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Actually I think it is better than the Rambo movies. Not the greatest film ever made but pretty good in my opinion. I just watched First Blood again (the best of the Rambos) and Red Dawn was a lot better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

C-Rock is a Wanker
C-Rock is a Wanker
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#41]
"It's kinda' salty, like a nose bleed."
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Hard to believe Red Dawn is a 21 year old movie (1984)
This was one of many movies I watched with my Mom in the last weeks before she went into a nursing home... She liked it alot, also liked Pearl Harbor! This was a year ago.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Beer   or    Crown and coke Beer, Domestic
Fullscreen  or   widescreen widescreen, see the whole firefight
snack   or   no snack snack, saving the USA makes one hungry

WOLVERINES!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Heck we watched black hawk down at the hun farm.  Behind the screen,  about 1/2 a dozen guys on the firing line, shooting tracers into the air.  That was a hoot.

It was about 11 pm

TXL
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#45]
love that movie

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#46]
beer

widescreen

snack yes
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I didn't find it all that good.......certainly not worth watching a second time, or buying a copy of it.......they did at least made the vehicles look real enough,  T-72, BTR-60, and ZSU-23-4. the Mi-24 was  weak
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I didn't find it all that good.......certainly not worth watching a second time, or buying a copy of it.......they did at least made the vehicles look real enough,  T-72, BTR-60, and ZSU-23-4. the Mi-24 was  weak

Come one Cyanide........ It has Patriotic revolutionaries.....

did we ever figure out if you even own any guns?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
This movie needs to be remade with a different boogyman and better actors.  What could Spielburg do with this movie!

Find a way somehow to make it anti-gun?...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top