Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 2:12:23 PM EDT
Nelson wants to freeze gas prices!
He's blaming the rise in prices on "the oil companies are raising prices at a time of record profits".
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Nelson wants to freeze gas prices!
He's blaming the rise in prices on "the oil companies are raising prices at a time of record profits".

Just another fucking attention-whore politician wanting to score points with the entitlement/fixed income crowd.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, traders are raising the prices. Right now it's not warrented and all some have to do is quit playing the game. Someone gets stuck with a bunch of it overpriced, and they'll sell it off. It's all BS now, but there were warnings years ago when they started trading futures on it, that there would be "problems" sooner or later.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
we have 3 commies-jumpin jim jeffors-pat leahy-bernie sanders--cant believe these losers are in office
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad your Senator didn't read Old_Painless' economics post yesterday.

Hell, may O_P should BE your state Senator....but we ain't giving him up!

HH
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
You're from MASS too?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You're from MASS too?  

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I spent $220+ in gas in the past 7 days.

I am for anything at this point.

What I do know is this, there is no relief in sight, and gas will never be 'cheap' again, we are stuck.

I could care less about the $4.00 per gallon of water argument, I could care less about the "well if you figure in inflation numbers based on history we are well below what gas should be...."

Flame Away.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What I do know is this, there is no relief in sight, and gas will never be 'cheap' again, we are stuck.

I could care less about the $4.00 per gallon of water argument, I could care less about the "well if you figure in inflation numbers based on history we are well below what gas should be...."

Flame Away.

If you institute price controls, gas will still be expensive except there won be any.

Doesnt anyone remember the seventies gas lines?

What about California energy problems?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Then get a more fuel efficient vehicle.  Anything else is pissing to windward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top