Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 6:56:16 AM EDT
The missing intern, Sandra Levy, is getting alot of attention and NOW other missing women are getting the attention they deserve.  Women are victimized by men  and other men are victimized by men.  Every American should have the right to carry a firearm.  Good example is Texas.  Good for Texas.  If more law abiding citizens were able to carry, I bet fewer women (and men) would be victimized.  What right does a government have to allow its own citizens to become victims?  How many folks believe fewer women (and men) would turn up missing if allowed to carry?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree.  It makes me mad that someone can enact a law telling me that my fiancee can't carry a gun when she is driving in on a highway late at night.  I used to worry so much...what if she broke down?  Young attractive female on the side of the road with nowhere to go at 11:00pm.  Gives me the willies just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I agree.  It makes me mad that someone can enact a law telling me that my fiancee can't carry a gun when she is driving in on a highway late at night.  I used to worry so much...what if she broke down?  Young attractive female on the side of the road with nowhere to go at 11:00pm.  Gives me the willies just thinking about it.
View Quote

My car broke down on a street in East L.A. Calif, and my sister-in-law was wearing her  little short mini-skirt, standing on the side of the road; and I had all of these scroungy strangers drive up, and ask to see if I needed help, oh man was I scarced.  After a few winutes, I got my ride going again was I glad I was outa of there.  I felt so venerable.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

my girlfriend doesn't want a Concealed Carry Permit, yet, and i worry about her. i'm getting her a cell-phone and a double, 18in. bbl. 12 ga. to keep in her car when she drives at night. imagine how quickly a would-be asailant's face would turn pale when she sticks that out the window! - i figure she can keep a couple of shells seperate, to stay legal, and if the car breaks down, she can load 'er up and wait for the tow-truck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#4]
warlord,

Glad you guys are okay...that is a scary as hell situation to be in.

fattym4,

It took me a while to talk her into it.  What really changed her mind was when I talked her into taking the class (which I paid for).  The instructor is ex-military, ex-leo, currently a security consultant.  He was great!  He did not focus as much on firearms as he did awareness, etc.  I took the class with her (I figured I'd definitely learn something) and I learned a lot.  He really made her realize the reality of the potential for assaults and that things can happen any time, any place.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Rhatland,  - very well stated.  I agree with you 100%.  But it's all about control.  There is an epidemic of rape, yet there is only one real answer to the problem; arming women.  Yet the ruling elite do not want to admit that there is a problem, because arming the populus dis-empowers the ruling elite.  The British Government is now actively encouraging all women to cooperate completely with their rapists, doing whatever is asked of them, because they say that the women is less likely to be hurt.  Amazing!!  It's a simple predator-prey relationship.  The strong (predator) will victimize the weak (prey) for as long as the weak is weak.  You make the weak strong (arm them) and suddenly the strong leave them alone.  This isn't rocket science; like do you think that I'd go into the woods to hunt deer each fall if the deer shot back?  He*l no!  So what happens is the ruling elite juggle the statistics to make it look less like a problem.  The media refuses to discuss the problem.  Like when was the last time you saw the Nightly News with Tom Brokow say "and now for our leading story, we're going to look at an indepth analysis of our National crisis - "the epidemic of rape"".  They'll never do this because there is only one answer to the problem; an answer which they don't want to hear.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Sitting Bull,
EXACTLY!

Chim, that is a great idea! she really just needs an expert in the field to re-enforce what i think she already knows, but is too timid to act upon it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Because when they act up & give me shit I bury them under my back pouch[}:D]

yeah yeah I know this is in very bad taste, but sicky funny at the same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top