Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 6:47:28 AM EDT
After saving more than half of the money i need to purchase my 24" barrelled, flat-top upper receiver from Bushmaster for the lower that I bought back in february, also a Bushmaster, my stupid truck decides that it needs a new radiator and to prove it pukes it's fluids all over the driveway! Man, I can't BUY a friggin break.[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had that happen to me before too so my heart goes out to you.

Cars do suck...I wish we had better public transport.  That's one thing I am more than willing to pay for.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I know what you mean.

The window in my Ford Expidition decided to separate from the frame and hide in the door.

Real nice during rain.

They want $500 to fix it. I told them to find a used one and give me a better price if they want me back to buy another Ford.

Don't the sales and service people talk to each other?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't the sales and service people talk to each other?
View Quote

No, they're all to busy screwing everbody that walks through the door.  Didn't you realize that's why there is a 'Service' entrance and a 'Sales' entrance?  You get nailed whichever door your enter.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gunner 1:
my stupid truck decides that it needs a new radiator and to prove it pukes it's fluids all over the driveway! Man, I can't BUY a friggin break.[pissed]
View Quote

Are you sure it isn't just radiator hose or pinhole radiator leak?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By gunner 1:
my stupid truck decides that it needs a new radiator and to prove it pukes it's fluids all over the driveway! Man, I can't BUY a friggin break.[pissed]
View Quote

Are you sure it isn't just radiator hose or pinhole radiator leak?
View Quote
Pretty sure, considering I could see DAYLIGHT through over half of the radiator!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
My recent new truck radiator cost me 175 bucks. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't know what kind of truck you have, but radiators vary a LOT in price.  If you're driving something relatively common, get thee to a salvage yard!  Just be sure they leak-test the one you purchase.  

They do that by clamping a section of bicycle inner tube to the upper and lower fittings and pumping in air through the tube's valve stem.  Then they dunk it in the tire leak checker thingamabob.

Hang onto your original radiator and later, if the salvage yard part springs a leak, you can get the original re-cored at a radiator shop.

Hope this saves you some AR-15 $$$.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine has a 3 year NO LEAK warranty. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate to say it, but if you basically lost half your radiator it's because you haven't been checking out your vehicle on a regular basis. There's [b]no way[/b] that half your radiator can just all of a sudden fall out without any prior warning, such as an unmistakable green color (for copper/brass radiators) or persistent leaks (aluminum/plastic radiators.) Keep it clean, change coolant at half the interval specified on the bottle (flush the sysem when you do this), and be sure to use a boron-free antifreeze if there's any aluminum in your cooling system, to prevent corrosion due to electrolysis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top