Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/24/2005 10:35:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
what a maroon!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]
and you wonder why the "Religious Right" is ridiculed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#3]
You know he is right, but you are blinded by his religious beliefs. US should assasinate castro too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Three cheers for the Communists home and abroad!

Yay!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yay!

Hip-Hip!!

Hooray!!

How more people are pissed off about Pat Robertson's words as opposed to Chavez's ACTIONS, I will never know.

But then again, I never expect to understand whiny liberal idiots.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know he is right, but you are blinded by his religious beliefs. US should assasinate castro too.

Not blinded by anything, Chavez is an evil little shit, but it was stupid comment for Robertson to make.

I can't see a big motivation to bump off Castro at this late date. Would have been nice to have gotten rid of him decades ago though. Unfortunate that a generation of cubans were subjected to living under communism.

+1 Killing Castro now would only make him a martyr in the eyes of communists.  Let him die of old age...shouldn't be long now.  After his death, the world will see how evil he was and how he raped and robbed the cuban people blind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
With sincerest apologies to Dory:

"Just keep digging...

Just keep digging....

Just keep digging, digging, digging.....

What do we do? We DIIIIGGGG....."

The reason why the "Religious Right" gets ridiculed is because the assholes doing the ridiculing have conveniently defined anyone who is a Christian or a Conservative as being as idiotic as Robertson and company.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
US should assasinate castro too.

I volunteer. I'll even bring my own weapons.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#11]
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Cracker Barrel!

Where's my hot brown!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
With sincerest apologies to Dory:

"Just keep digging...

Just keep digging....

Just keep digging, digging, digging.....

What do we do? We DIIIIGGGG....."

The reason why the "Religious Right" gets ridiculed is because the assholes doing the ridiculing have conveniently defined anyone who is a Christian or a Conservative as being as idiotic as Robertson and company.

I do find it irritating that people who don't know or care a thing about Christians leap all over this statement like it came from the "King of the Religious People".  For heavens sake.  It's some guy with a television show, not the spokesperson for all the nations faithful.  I'm not even Christian and I got pissed at people who haven't seen the inside of a church in their life running around with the "aren't these religious freaks so loving!" shit.

It was a non-event hyped by a hostile media.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I see the Communists have friends here at ARFCOM, too.

Vive la Revoluccion!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
US should assasinate castro too.

I volunteer. I'll even bring my own weapons.

Forget Castro.He's a "viejo cagalitroso"

Yes he is....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I say we kill him instead.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Venezuelan officials said Robertson's remarks, while those of a private citizen, took on more significance given his ties to     President George W. Bush's Christian-right supporters.

"Mr Robertson has been one of this president's staunchest allies. His statement demands the strongest condemnation by the White House," Venezuela's ambassador to the United States Bernardo Alvarez said

How about you suck your 'condemnation' out of my cock?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#19]
People are just whining because it was a "religious leader" that made the comment.

It coulda been anyone else but Roberts who said this and we would have never heard about it.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Robertson is an idiot not for what he said, but for retracting it, or saying he "didn't mean it" the way it was portrayed.  What a weasel.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
and you wonder why the "Religious Right" is ridiculed.

Because the media takes ONE sermon out of MILLIONS SPOKEN ON THAT DAY and reports it as "Crazy Christians across the USA"" on the local news across the nation?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Everybody take a side:

You either agree with Chavez...or you agree with Robertson's opinion that it would be better for the US if Chavez was "taken out."

Which is it? A Communist who hates America...or the American who hates a Communist enemy?

Choose a side.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Choose a side.

Not just a commie, but a killer, a thug, and a terrorist supporter.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#24]
that's not the problem.  

Robertson was pretty clear on what he said originally, and I doubt anyone actually took it as what he later claimed.  Meaning he got scared, and then claimed he didn't mean what he originally said.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Everybody take a side:

You either agree with Chavez...or you agree with Robertson's opinion that it would be better for the US if Chavez was "taken out."

Which is it? A Communist who hates America...or the American who hates a Communist enemy?

Choose a side.

Niether.  I don't HAVE to take the side of Pat Robertson to be opposed to Hugo Chavez.  I'd have to believe that military conflict with him were inevitable AND that a simple assination attempt would bring the desired response.  If you must stand behind every pronouncement of Pat because he worships as you do that is your problem.

As to my opposition to an assasination if it averts a war.... no way, cap his ass and don't look back.  I'm not saying Pat had it wrong on that front.  I don't agree that now is the time or that it is nessisary in this case.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Funny how the same posters who justified taking out Saddam Hussien are the same people villifying Robertson for suggesting the same with Chavez.

I guess everything goes better with Communism.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Pat Robertson is a Con man pure and simple. Anyone who listens to him had better have their head checked.

After you get your head checked check your bank account too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If you must stand behind every pronouncement of Pat because he worships as you do that is your problem.

Actually, I had forgotten all about Pat Robertson until this news story broke.

Personally, I agree with his opinion. No, more, no less.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Everybody take a side:

Choose a side.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Pat Robertson is a Con man pure and simple. Anyone who listens to him had better have their head checked.

I guess this means you think America is better off with Chavez in power?

Vive la Revoluccion!

Down with America! Death to Bush!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Everybody take a side:

Choose a side.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

LOL.

Only a Communist sides with other Communists.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

"Only..."?

But...... isn't THAT an absolute statement?

HE'S A SITH!!  

BURN HIM! BURN HIM!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#34]
With the masterful backpeddle like Robertson's latest, I am surprised that he doesn't have his JD.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#35]
  "MauserMark.....rise my young apprentice, you will henceforth be called, Darth Balls."

except it would be in spanglish.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
People are just whining because it was a "religious leader" that made the comment.

It coulda been anyone else but Roberts who said this and we would have never heard about it.

'Ol Pat should have posted it on ARFCOM with a screen name like R700.  Most everyone  here would have thought him a big Remington fan and given a +1 to the idea.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yay!

Hip-Hip!!

Hooray!!

How more people are pissed off about Pat Robertson's words as opposed to Chavez's ACTIONS, I will never know.

But then again, I never expect to understand whiny liberal idiots.

It would be easier if you clearly defined them.  they are "whiny liberal Christian-hating idiots."

That's why they are so upset.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

DING DING DING we have a WINNER!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#39]
As a general rule of thumb, I am not a fan of Robertson. I think he would have been a disaster as a president.

That being said, I can't completely disagree with his statements.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
...I can't completely disagree with his statements.

Therein lies the rub: People who distrust Christianity are discounting what Robertson said because of his faith.

In doing so, they are joining sides with the leftist media, the Democrats, the Communists, and everybody else who hates America.

Vive la Revoluccion!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...I can't completely disagree with his statements.

Therein lies the rub: People who distrust Christianity are discounting what Robertson said because of his faith.

In doing so, they are joining sides with the leftist media, the Democrats, the Communists, and everybody else who hates America.

Vive la Revoluccion!

And, ain't it a shame.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Contrary to popular, non-Christian opinion, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Benny Hinn do not represent the whole of Christianity in America.

Far, far from it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
It would be easier if you clearly defined them.  they are "whiny liberal Christian-hating idiots."

Indeed, Christian hating is an art form in some places.

Even on ARFCOM at times.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed, Christian hating is an art form in some places.

Even on ARFCOM at times.

what's considered christian hating?  not agreeing with what one christian says?

definately, the dark side on you are.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#46]
He just said what a lot of us were thinking anyway.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#47]

3:07 CST

cnn.com:

BREAKING NEWS > Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson apologizes for calling for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. More soon.

I can here his associates in the 700 club now, "sir we may lose a lot of donations for your next lexus if you don't retract what you said!"
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

No.

I would consider more people expending more time and energy on bashing Pat Robertson than on Chavez to be Christian hating.

definately, the dark side on you are.

Whatever.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

I would consider more people expending more time and energy on bashing Pat Robertson than on Chavez to be Christian hating.

BREAKING NEWS

Even a christian can be an asshat, doesn't mean calling out a christian on their comments is christian hating.  Just like calling out a Jewish asshat, Muslim asshat, etc doesn't equal to hating their religion.  Grow some thicker skin...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Onward Christian Soldier....

Somebody get Robertson a ticket to Venezuela.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top