Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:45:09 AM EDT
I have an 11 yeard old daughter who is very normal on one hand. She gets all As in the gifted program. She has lots of friends and is a sweet kid.

She likes zombie movies and thinks eating MRE's are fun. From time to time she comes down dressed in a boonie hat and full WC BDUs. She even has a BOB complete with a camelbak, snacks, MRE, bug spray etc. She goes down to the creek to play SHTF (my word for it).

She likes to shoot:

Is not afraid of tools or work:

Likes the outdoors:

Here is the darker side that concerns me:

So I send her off to her first day of 6th grade this AM. I'm working from home and hear a cell phone ringing. It's in her room. I typically don't go in her room but I had to find the phone. This is what I find:

Yea a messy room . But upon closer examination:

An airsoft USP! She cannot get accustomed to H&Ks, I can barely afford them for myself

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd be concerned about making sure you are supporting her.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]
hilarious
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Proud ---- As you should be! Cute girl!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Good Job Dad and my son Wyatt says....How you doin?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
She will be changing DRASTICLY in the next 3 years......

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#6]
On the one hand this is funny.  On the other, if you really did find a (real-looking) USP "toy" you were not aware of, that's a little scary.  The last thing you need is her toting that thing around "for fun".

ETA: You're gonna be so proud the first time she kicks some little punk-ass boy's ass.  Looks like she'll be well equipped to take care of herself.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:53:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Keep encouraging her and before you know it she'll be an ARFCOM member.  The world needs more girls like that.  Just think, in 7 years she'll be able to buy her own guns.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a dream girl for someone.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#9]
She will make a good wife in a few years to some  guy who will not appreciate her.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Just make sure she's still being trained as a lady too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#11]
make sure andgive her the opportunity to take some self defence classes, like tai kwon do, or karate or jujitsu...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
On the one hand this is funny.  On the other, if you really did find a (real-looking) USP "toy" you were not aware of, that's a little scary.  The last thing you need is her toting that thing around "for fun".

No, I gave it to her. She likes to shoot my Tactical and the weight of the replica is close and the overall size is exact. The position of the controls (decock, safety, mag release) are exact in both position ans function so I thought it would be a good training tool in between range sessions. The tactical is locked away.

She takes after her mom for expensive taste. At least it's not jewelery LOL

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#13]
It'll be OK.

I saw the earlier pics of her shooting the Glock.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
make sure and give her the opportunity to take some self defence classes, like tai kwon do, or karate or jujitsu...

She's a yellow belt in tai kwon do. We had to suspend the lessons because of soccer.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#15]
enjoy it while it lasts.  she'll be a teenage girl soon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It'll be OK.

I saw the earlier pics of her shooting the Glock. XD9 SC

. it's actually in the picture of her with the USP tact.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
make sure and give her the opportunity to take some self defence classes, like tai kwon do, or karate or jujitsu...

She's a yellow belt in tai kwon do. We had to suspend the lessons because of soccer.

Bomber

SOCCER is the real reason for you to be concerend about her.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I gave it to her. She likes to shoot my Tactical and the weight of the replica is close and the overall size is exact. The position of the controls (decock, safety, mag release) are exact in both position ans function so I thought it would be a good training tool in between range sessions. The tactical is locked away.

Bomber

How long before "your" USP Tactical ends up being "her" USP Tactical?  Probably not long.  Pretty cool that she has an affinity for dad's USP instead of mom's kitchen appliances.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
She will make a good wife in a few years to some  guy who will not appreciate her.

awh come on!  That wasn't nice.  She's smart, has a great father and will marry well.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Enjoy it while you can, when she hits puberty she will hate your guts.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Did you see the knife? She has her own but she keeps eyeballing my Benchmade

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I suspect she's much better prepared to avoid that than most girls.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't worry until you find a can of dip on her dresser. Just keep her away from the dip and the tattoo on the arms and she has a good chance of growing up to be a lady.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sounds like a dream girl for someone.

+1, future arfcommer, whatever you did, you did good.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I wouldn't worry until you find a can of dip on her dresser.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
She will be changing DRASTICLY in the next 3 years......

Sgat1r5

Yup.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I would be VERY concerned about........................

her wearing such loose clothes around the power tools.

seriously,  keep the loose clothing away from powered saws and the like.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

How long before "your" USP Tactical ends up being "her" USP Tactical?  Probably not long.  Pretty cool that she has an affinity for dad's USP instead of mom's kitchen appliances.

Considering how long it took for my dad's Taurus .357 Magnum to become "my" Taurus .357 Magnum, not long.

I also somehow ended up with his Old Timer pocket knife, Bulova wristwatch, his computer, and half his t-shirts, amongst other things.

It goes the other way though. He's expressed an interest in a lot of my little gadgets that I bring home. Worst yet, however... When I first brought my WASR-10 in, he made jokes about me either expecting terrorists in the neighborhood or going to be one of those crazy conspiracy theorists living in the hills and shooting at government employees.

Then we took it out to break it in and I slapped in the first magazine. We agreed that I would fire ten rounds, he would fire ten rounds, then I would try bump-firing the last ten rounds. I fired my ten rounds, then he proceeded to dump the rest of the magazine with this huge shit-eating grin on his face. When I showed him videos of bump-firing, he kept commenting that bump-firing looked cool for the next several days. When I discussed AK's and SKS' with him, he actually took an interest in what I was saying instead of just smiling and nodding like he usually does when I talk about guns. I think I've just infected him with Black Rifle Disease.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
enjoy it while it lasts.  she'll be a teenage girl soon.

And a little heart breaker too, by the looks of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#30]
All my kids were like that for awhile and then they turned into teenagers

They do get back into it at about 22 years of age though.

GM

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Proof that you've been a damn good father.

Your little gal kicks ass.

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Start worrying when she gives this all up and starts painting her face      
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I dunno....looks like foreign money to me on that dresser.  International hit-girl if you ask me.  And scoring that wood plank so someone falls through the floor.  Dunno if she's gonna like it, you showing one of her tricks.  I'd sleep with one eye open
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#35]
You call THAT a messy room?  So glad you never saw mine as a kid.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#36]
You are a lucky man.  I dont envy you though because when the boys come snooping around, you going to have break out some of them guns and draw down on them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Few years..........? Where the hell are you from?

Slow down there sporty.......

Lets make that a decade.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
<snip>

An airsoft USP! She cannot get accustomed to H&Ks, I can barely afford them for myself

Bomber

And here I thought you were going to be worried about the little wooden box filled with pot next to the airsoft pistol.

just kidding...... sounds like you have a great daughter.  Good job to you and Mrs. Bomber.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#39]
She's cute.  Keep supporting her in what she likes.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#40]
There is still time for an Airsoft intervention.

(Just kidding.)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Few years..........? Where the hell are you from?

Slow down there sporty.......

Lets make that a decade.

Fuck that noise.  Some man will make her a good Husband.  She got it all already so she can choose and reject until she finds someone.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

www.darlynn.com/albums/album01/room_002.sized.jpg

Bomber

And here I thought you were going to be worried about the little wooden box filled with pot next to the airsoft pistol.

just kidding...... sounds like you have a great daughter.  Good job to you and Mrs. Bomber.

No, can't you see, she's got some cough syrup, which as we all know is only used to make meth.  That's why they keep it locked up at the stores now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#43]
you are doing good as a parent so far.

next, buy her one of these

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Oh Noo not an "Airsofter"!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

www.darlynn.com/albums/album01/room_002.sized.jpg

Bomber

No, can't you see, she's got some cough syrup, which as we all know is only used to make meth.  That's why they keep it locked up at the stores now.

Doh, cough syrup too.  I missed that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Terrific thread.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#47]
So when did you start shooting with her and with what? I've got a 4 year old daughter and I'm thinking of taking her to the range this fall and shotting the 10/22. She always seems to know who the bad man is on TV!

WBK
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#49]
My first guess would be that she is your only child, and spends a lot of time with Dad.

At least that is the way it is with my daughter, and she is an almost carbon copy of your girl.

(Except she is going to College now) Damn I'm old....

She may get to an age where she doesn't want to do the same things she is doing now, and think that her soul mission in life is to piss you off!!!!  But don't worry, she will come back around, if you raise them right they always come back around.

And it looks like you are doing a damn fine job of raising a confident, and independant girl.

And in the end isn't that what we all want????....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#50]
If I have said it once, I have said it a million times, airsofters and HK go hand in hand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top