Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 10:57:10 PM EDT
Completely unbelieveable!

I post a thread about how a certain handgun round may go through some sort of material (I'm afraid to talk any more specifically about it, because the ModMaster 9000-types will ban me ) and my thread gets locked. You see, such discussion is apparently some sort of support for the overthrow of the government.

Apparently, talking about ballistics in a firearms forum can get you banned for... sedition. Maybe the mods can pass my info to the Secret Service or the CIA! "Yes, occifer, he's the one who was talking in abstraction about *** ** ***** **** ***. You should immediately perform a forced entry on his house!"

Silly. Just plain silly.

I have my response to the lock comment, but won't post it here so that I can save ModMaster 9000 the embarrassment. IM me if you want to read it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, that got locked? geez, that is bad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]

I post a thread about how a certain handgun round may go through some sort of material (I'm afraid to talk any more specifically about it, because the ModMaster 9000-types will ban me  ) and my thread gets locked.

The "material" you speak of wouldn't be Mohammed's skull, would it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you IM the mod?  Since your response is for that mod, maybe that mod would be the one you should send it to.  

Maybe he (or she) can save you the embarassment of freaking out in general discussion.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Mrs. Cleo says "ban insight for you!"    

IBTL!  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be moving my dog to a safe location right now, if'n I were you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I post a thread about how a certain handgun round may go through some sort of material (I'm afraid to talk any more specifically about it, because the ModMaster 9000-types will ban me  ) and my thread gets locked.

That's funny, and made me think of Ol_Painless doing a Box O' Tango for us, but no - the material is a substance made of polymer fibers. It's used a a protective capacity, most spectacularly and recently by a charming Texan gentleman whose father was likely a canine, to defeat armed response while he shot to death his wife and child following a negative outcome in a court of law. The CCW trying to stop this man's demonstrable aggression was unfortunate in his selection of handgun (didn't work), and very unfortunate about his assailant's use and marksmanship with a semi-auto rifle.

Lesson one: If you are engaged in armed combat, and you have access to a long gun, always assume that a rifle is a better choice (it was in this case), and, lesson two, realize that many aggressive assailants will wear protective gear that you could encounter as enemies. None of them will likely be police officers, and in no way would I ever encourage any member of ARFCOM to violate any law, threaten any official, or any other ridiculous accusation that was levied upon me by Overzelous ModMaster 9000.

Jeezus.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I... like.... pie?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mrs. Cleo says "ban insight for you!"    

IBTL!  

... Hey! He's not from Arizona (anymore)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#11]
So your original point was to select handgun calibers based on performance in penetration?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#13]
was this the thread about the CZ with the .22 conversion?

The last thing I read in that was:

"And you don't?"

I imagine it went downhill from there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, talk about overzealous mods. I was waxing philosophical once about offing a cop, and damn if they didn't lay the ban hammer on me.

Jeesh, what oppression. DOWN WITH THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

Actually, that's kind of true, but I was joking and someone didn't read it that way.....but my point still stands.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:48:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
was this the thread about the CZ with the .22 conversion?

The last thing I read in that was:

"And you don't?"

I imagine it went downhill from there.

Converted to .22WMR? That would penetrate a vest at a given distance. A test was done at RFC using the .22LR, .22WMR, and the .17HMR.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah, talk about overzealous mods. I was waxing philosophical once about offing a cop, and damn if they didn't lay the ban hammer on me.

Actually, that's kind of true, but I was joking and someone didn't read it that way.....but my point still stands.

Hi.

I'm gathering that you READ the post.

Did you?

And you still posted this brain-impaired response?

Who's the dummy now?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Now THIS topic is gonna get locked. LOL.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#19]
If you don't see this in a WA hometown forum post then it gets locked.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#20]
IBTL&B!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, mommy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If you don't see this in a WA hometown forum post then it gets locked.  

www.vaq34.com/junk/ar15_wa_hometown_forum_certified_thread.jpg

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#24]
So can you make the CZ go full auto with the .22 conversion and a ground off hammer?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi.

Did you?

Who's the dummy now?

Yeah, I read the post and your whining.

I was just posting to hear myself type. I don't really care about your problems.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I jumped on the IM button to ask the mod if I was the reason he had locked on of my threads
and it didn't work.........it said he wasn't accepting IMs
so I went to the page where all logged in members are listed
clicked on the name, clicked on IM, and it went through..........

Just thought I would mention that
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi.

Did you?

Who's the dummy now?

I was just posting to hear myself type. I don't really care about your problems.

As I recall, you're the jackass who compared me to Nazis for a post I made about the stupidity of tribalism, even though I never made any connection or posted any belief of racial prejudice.

You just LOVE calling people names, don'tcha? You must really be an authority on mental imbalances to constantly accuse others of having them.

I think psychologists call that "projection."

And I mean that in the nicest possible way - wouldn't want to get my thread locked for "personal attacks."
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Can't we all just get along
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi.

Did you?

Who's the dummy now?

As I recall, you're the jackass who compared me to Nazis for a post I made about the stupidity of tribalism, even though I never made any connection or posted any belief of racial prejudice.

You just LOVE calling people names, don'tcha? You must really be an authority on mental imbalances to constantly accuse others of having them.

I think psychologists call that "projection."

And I mean that in the nicest possible way - wouldn't want to get my thread locked for "personal attacks."

I'm going to say it like it is SAM,VIC-VEGA   ,MILSURP   you are not fooling anyone here!!!

It is really SAM'SONG!!!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#30]

preach on my brother, power to the people.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Did you IM the mod?  Since your response is for that mod, maybe that mod would be the one you should send it to.  

Maybe he (or she) can save you the embarassment of freaking out in general discussion.

There is one mod here who choses not to reply to IM's.  The majority, however, seem to be pretty decent folks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top