except  Tom goes to the mayor  I find that very hit or miss ....mostly miss
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Robot chicken makes me wet myself.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
   Aqua teen is the best.  My girlfriend who usually hates stupid shit like this is addicted to Aqua teen.  She loves that Master Shake is such a prick.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Aqua Teen Hunger Force.  Wonder when in the hell new episodes are coming.

I watch Cowboy Bebop (hence my Avatar - gotta love Jet), Trigun, and a few of the others.  Like ghost in the shell stand alone complex, but wasn't nearly as good as Trigun, etc.

Wish they would show Evangelion or something new. Don't care for Inuyasha or that show about Alchemy (can't think of what it is called).
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like Aqua Teen Hunger Force.  Wonder when in the hell new episodes are coming.

I watch Cowboy Bebop (hence my Avatar - gotta love Jet), Trigun, and a few of the others.  Like ghost in the shell stand alone complex, but wasn't nearly as good as Trigun, etc.

Wish they would show Evangelion or something new. Don't care for Inuyasha or that show about Alchemy (can't think of what it is called).

I agree i do not mind some of the futeristic anime like Ghost in the shell but all this feudal japan era shit is unwatchable
and whats that other crappy one about the roller hockey guy beating people up  EDIT: ah just rembered paranoia agent
the show you are thinking of is heavy metal alcemist which is barely watchable
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Thank you.

With as much anime as there is, and especially good anime, how the hell does AS pick the worst of the worse?

Hell even dragon slayers is better than half the shows in the lineup, and it isn't all that funny.

Too bad they won't show anything without it being redubbed.  Some of the best shows aren't dubbed in English and only available with Subtitles.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought the first season of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law today. Gut splitting funny.

Sunday night is Adult Swim Night at my friends house. We're all over 30 yrs old.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
ATHF is awsome.

i can't get into the japeneese crap either. i find it lame.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sunday night is Adult Swim Night at my friends house. We're all over 30 yrs old.

Im willing to bet everybody working to bring us Adult Swim are just that. 30 years old.

They know what audiance they are catering too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#10]
purplecheese: you might like Hellsing if you like Cowboy Bebop.  I got hooked on it when I was in Germany because they showed the German subtitles, which were pretty easy to read.  I haven't seen it on here in the States though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I agree i do not mind some of the futeristic anime like Ghost in the shell but all this feudal japan era shit is unwatchable
and whats that other crappy one about the roller hockey guy beating people up  EDIT: ah just rembered paranoia agent

I dislike Inuyasha chiefly because the plot never seems to progress. The main characters spend episode after episode doing the same basic thing- slaying demons and looking for jewel shards. It reminds me of Dragon Ball Z. It has the same thin plot premise that allowed DbZ writers to pump out as many mindless, repetitive episodes as they pleased. The only good thing about Inuyasha is that it inspired me to learn about the supernatural beliefs of ancient Japan. The artwork is also good, but good artwork alone doesn't save Inuyasha from being an established example of cartoon mediocrity.

I do like Paranoia Agent. The first few episodes are indeed confusing! But the more I see of it, the more I like it. The fact that I don't understand all of it is part of the charm. Full Metal Alchemist is OK, but I can't help but wonder if it is a neutered, kid-friendly version of a more serious script that the original creator wasn't allowed to fully develop. FMA also ends with an absurdly anti-climatic plot line that contains absolutely no interesting twists or surprises.

As for Neon Genisis Evangelion... well.. I've never been a big fan of "ooh, look at me, I'm a damn cyborg" type shows.. it simply doesn't do anything for me.

If I had to pick two top Adult Swim favorites they'd be Cowboy BeBop and Trigun. Outlaw Star was also very good. All of these series had winning elements: unique artistic styles, terrific plots, great voice acting and good character development. They were also innovative series that made use of plot devices most American cartoonists and even most anime creators ignore.

Galland
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im willing to bet everybody working to bring us Adult Swim are just that. 30 years old.

They know what audiance they are catering too.

yep im 30 and all my buddys are 27-33  they all love this crap too
especially robot chicken that is so directed at the 80s kids with GI Joe, He Man ,my little pony ETC
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
purplecheese: you might like Hellsing if you like Cowboy Bebop.  I got hooked on it when I was in Germany because they showed the German subtitles, which were pretty easy to read.  I haven't seen it on here in the States though.

Hey thanks.  I'll look see what I find on the torrents
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

from animenewsnetwork.com
Adult Swim Evangelion Date

posted on 2005-07-30 14:25:52

Adult Swim has announced that Neon Genesis Evangelion will begin airing Thursdays, starting October 20th, at 12:30 a.m. New episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist will also start airing on Saturday, starting on September 17th at Midnight. T
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Numba one in the hood G!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Numba one in the hood G!

www.mcpeepants.com/movies/chickdance.jpg

Is that the purple Fantana Girl?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:52:58 AM EDT
[#18]
hey, what about samurai champloo and the venture brothers???

i'm hooked on inuyasha for some reason..."inuyasha!!!" "kagome!!!" "inuyasha!!!" "kaaagome!!!" might be that japanese schoolgirl thing...

and i love how they always shout out whatever strike they're gonna use. "iron rebar soul stealer!!!" kinda like me in a bar fight shouting, "right hook, uppercut!!!"
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
anyone else love this crap ? especially auqa teen hunger force
I can't get into the serious anime stuff but most  of the funny stuff is great
except  Tom goes to the mayor  I find that very hit or miss ....mostly miss

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#20]
ATHF, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Family Guy, Futurama, Robot Chicken, Brak, and Sea Lab are hilarious...

But...I cant STAND any of that anime stuff.
I get pissed off when one of the funny shows gets over, and they say "INUASHA is next"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top