Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 9:02:56 PM EDT
... Has a nice ring to it you gotta admit!

... Not sure I can still pull it off as soon as I'd like, but my vision of abandoning the city and moving to the beautiful, mountainous pines of northern Arizona (by myself) is getting closer each day.

... I hope to someday soon cut ties to the corporate grind and just "make it on my own" - Call it an early retirement if you will. Just about to the point of sustaining a livelihood without having to work for anyone. Sure, I won't have the nice disposable income I've been accustomed to, but I understand the trade-off - and am (I think) willing to take the leap.

... My new place north of here is paid for and I'm now liquidating the non-essentials to prepare for the big life-change.  (I believe Airwolf is doing something similar to this now).

... The tiny village I'm moving to soon has a nice little mom & pop store, greasy diner, a small Christian church, all volunteer fire department and saloon - what more could an aging biker-type hermit ask for?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck man.

I'm still having a hemmorage about cutting cable TV
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Luck Wolfy!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Hey mon, that sounds mighty cool.

Would that be in the NE, NC or NW side of the state?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
How are you going to clean up murder scenes from the mountains?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Nevermind.

This is WinstonWolf's thread.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF!?

Don't you have a little girl you have to go punch somewhere you asshole?

Here we go.  IBTL.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm jealous.  I've thought of such a move myself.  I've lived in a city much too long.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm jealous.  I've thought of such a move myself.  I've lived in a city much too long.

I think anyone that fits around here has.

You have my best wishes and undying jealousy.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

... For the life of me, I am completely confused by the meaning of this line. And judging by the post from my good friend The_Macallan, maybe I should be ?

... Please elaborate
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... For the life of me, I am completely confused by the meaning of this line. And judging by the post from my good friend The_Macallan, maybe I should be ?

... Please elaborate

Your namesake.  

The Wolf?

Shit negro, that's all you had to say...

Jimmy...good coffee, etc. etc. etc.?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Please elaborate

Your namesake.  

The Wolf?

... Heck!

... I've been had by a line I should known by heart!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Today, I cleaned guns, then got them dirty again because somebody dropped by and wanted to shoot,
cat fished off my bridge and checked my crawdad traps.

I think I'm already there

Good luck, Winston_Wolf

It's a hard life but somebody has to do it.

GM

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Please elaborate

Your namesake.  

The Wolf?

... Heck!

... I've been had by a line I should known by heart!

Sure you're not just a poser who has never seen the film?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Mmmmmm, Mogollon Rim.

<sniffs the pine air>

Let us know when you get the AZHTFSHTFTEOTWAWKICP setup!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Mmmmmm, Mogollon Rim.

<sniffs the pine air>

... My sentiments exactly, sure wish I could share/borrow a piece

... the raw land
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn that sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#18]

what more could an aging biker-type hermit ask for?

Steady cash flow and a nice girlfriend.

Be careful what you wish for here.  Are you sure you aren't in a bit too much of a slump due to your recent break-up which you described?

Take care.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

... Not sure I can still pull it off as soon as I'd like, but my vision of abandoning the city and moving to the beautiful, mountainous pines of northern Arizona (by myself) is getting closer each day.

... I hope to someday soon cut ties to the corporate grind and just "make it on my own" - Call it an early retirement if you will. Just about to the point of sustaining a livelihood without having to work for anyone. Sure, I won't have the nice disposable income I've been accustomed to, but I understand the trade-off - and am (I think) willing to take the leap.

... My new place north of here is paid for and I'm now liquidating the non-essentials to prepare for the big life-change.  (I believe Airwolf is doing something similar to this now).

... The tiny village I'm moving to soon has a nice little mom & pop store, greasy diner, a small Christian church, all volunteer fire department and saloon - what more could an aging biker-type hermit ask for?

Hey!  

Checking in.

House closes escrow next Tuesday (30th).  I'll be vacating on Sunday.   90% of all the crap I'd accumulated ended up at the dump or Goodwill.  Almost everything else is in storage with just the bare minimum left to get by for the weekend.    In a holding pattern until the check in is in the bank.

After I get ALL my debts paid off and a new set of wheels it's off on a scouting trip to find what Winston_Wolf has.  Someplace off the beaten path that still understands what the word "freedom" and the expression "Leave me the hell alone!" means.  I'm not in a position to retire but I'm going to structure things so that I have a decent safety net and that I won't need 40 hours a week as a wage slave to survive.

Beyond that, I have *NO* idea what my life is going to look like beyond the next few weeks... and you know what?  I don't really care.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey!  

Checking in.

House closes escrow next Tuesday (30th).  I'll be vacating on Sunday.   90% of all the crap I'd accumulated ended up at the dump or Goodwill.  Almost everything else is in storage with just the bare minimum left to get by for the weekend.    In a holding pattern until the check in is in the bank.

After I get ALL my debts paid off and a new set of wheels it's off on a scouting trip to find what Winston_Wolf has.  Someplace off the beaten path that still understands what the word "freedom" and the expression "Leave me the hell alone!" means.  I'm not in a position to retire but I'm going to structure things so that I have a decent safety net and that I won't need 40 hours a week as a wage slave to survive.

Beyond that, I have *NO* idea what my life is going to look like beyond the next few weeks... and you know what?  I don't really care.

Ahhhhh.....Idaho bound, eh?  I did what you are going to do about 20 years ago. I hope you aren't too old to enjoy it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top