Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:56:50 PM EDT
Got dragged along to the local Weis food mart with the wife this afternoon.  As we entered the store, there stood a uniformed security guard just inside the entrance way. He said to me, "Good afternoon sir". I replied, 'yes it is". Then I said, " What is a food shop doing with a guard post'?  He said, " just incase someone tried to leave without paying." I said in an obnoxious tone, " Hmph, Your as much of a security guard, without a gun than I am a traffic cop waving a checkered flag." I left on that note and walked on in the store.

Wife said, "That was ignorant."
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
At least he's working for a living.  I hope you're proud of yourself.

HH
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Low class man, low class.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Bad form.  Totally uncalled for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
ignorant just ignorant
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I felt it was a slap in the face of store anti gun  politics and I believe he knew it. After all, WV has open carry as well as CCW.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
There are only two types of security . . . false and absolute.

Absolute security . . . shoot.  Not first, you just shoot.  Someone else asks questions.

False security . . . anything less.

One of the Wal-Marts in Lexington, KY (it is rumoured) has a police subsatation in it.  Just to handle the volume of shoplifting cases from that one store.  If that does not deter the unwashed masses . . . no rent-a-cop w/o artillery is going to make them even blink.

But impolite to point this out to the guy getting paid minimum wage to do the job . . .  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Then take it out on the store by not shopping there and let them know why.

Don't take it out on some guy working for a living.

HH
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I felt it was a slap in the face of store anti gun  politics and I believe he knew it. After all, WV has open carry as well as CCW.

Take it up with the store manager, not the guard. The man was respectful to you and greeted you as sir, you repay him by belittling his limited authority.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, it wasn't funny, but it was disrespectful.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And this is all his fault is it?

Is this particular store posted with a "No Firearms" sign at the door.  I don't recall you having mentioned that in you initial post.

Even if the store is posted it does not excuse your borish behavior.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
He was still there when we left, He winked with a grin and I gave him the goober wink  switch click. (Andy Griffith)
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Got dragged along to the local Weis food mart with the wife this afternoon.  As we entered the store, there stood a uniformed security guard just inside the entrance way. He said to me, "Good afternoon sir". I replied, 'yes it is". Then I said, " What is a food shop doing with a guard post'?  He said, " just incase someone tried to leave without paying." I said in an obnoxious tone, " Hmph, Your as much of a security guard, without a gun than I am a traffic cop waving a checkered flag." I left on that note and walked on in the store.

Lovely.  That's nice.  It's good you're proud of it.

Does it feel good to take out your frustrations on somone who treated you with respect?

Hope so.

That's just great.  Good job.  

It's not like he has an honest job.

You're pretty much a d**k....Just in case you didn't know.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#13]

"Good afternoon sir".

So after he says this you cut him off at the knees? You are a class A fucking asshole, sir.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#14]
so, do you feel like a jackass now? knowing that we all think your a jackass?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
He was still there when we left, He winked with a grin and I gave him the goober wink  switch click. (Andy Griffith)

Why feel good about himself or take his job seriously when upstanding citizens like yourself think his profession is stupid?

Dude. You pretty much suck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Did I miss the funny part?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Thats the kind of thing I expect from myself.

Not a grown man.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]
If i was that guy i would have hit you over the head with my flashlight.. he at least had one of those ............ right
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

"Good afternoon sir".

So after he says this you cut him off at the knees? You are a class A fucking asshole, sir.

+1

Now.....Lets count the reasons for security gaurds to be nice to people....
1.  General public loves them.
2.  Noone would EVER act like a total ASS like what was posted above...

Oops

Seems the gaurd was nice...Pleasant..Rendered the greeeting of the day...That's an above standard officer.

Don't ask me how I know

Maybe now, to serve your security mind, the gaurd should throw you agasint the wall and, search you?

Or, pull a gun and stick it in your face?

Dude.  You're...Ok..NM.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey trashheap, thread not going the way ya wanted is it?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Poor guy,hes' probably single and thinking about this right now.

I think you should go back there and give him an apology....
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Reminds me of the Spranos episode where Tony gives the nursery guy a hard time....

Heck even he felt bad about what he did.

Next time you are in there, say hello and ask him about his well being.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#23]
 bully!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hey trashheap, thread not going the way ya wanted is it?

Yeah...I've waded out into about 200 screaming UAW members to get a car in, unarmed, with only attitude and size....Yeah...I suck as a security officer, and, 'casue I don't carry a gun (Due to fed regs) I'm not really worth of respect.

I bet Trash can't take a full power shot from me
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Translation:

"Look everyone! See what a cool jerkoff I am for bagging on some guy trying to make a living instead of sitting on his ass collection welfare and then posting about it on arfcom!"

Your wife was right. You should listen to her more often.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Reminds me of the Spranos episode where Tony gives the nursery guy a hard time....

Heck even he felt bad about what he did.

Next time you are in there, say hello and ask him about his well being.

Better yet, Apologize!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Everyone pretty much summed it up. Stupid thing to say to a guy trying to make a living
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#28]
You get a big "A-Hole" sign from me. That was not called for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Asshole.

You sir should have the top cut off YOUR Jeep.
-Derek
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Who could argue with that? After being married to you, she must be an expert on ignorance.

I'll bet you're a short guy aren't you?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well, it wasn't funny, but it was disrespectful.

+1
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#32]
The wife is the wise one. Listen to her.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Hmm, all I can say is. Let those who have not sin, cas't the first stone. I'm sure through research, everyone here who flamed me, have themselves made comment to someone that was inappropriate or out of line.

I wasn't being a smartass or arrogant. It was an obnoxious jesture. He didn't take it like I just shot his dog, if he did, I would have expected a deeper response from him on both meetings.

man, some of you people sure do go off the deep end of little stuff. yet the guy who called everyone who works a Wal-mart useless POS. gets off easy. Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Hope you feel good about yourself hotshot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hmm, all I can say is. Let those who have not sin, cas't the first stone. I'm sure through research, everyone here who flamed me, have themselves made comment to someone that was inappropriate or out of line.

I wasn't being a smartass or arrogant. It was an obnoxious jesture. He didn't take it like I just shot his dog, if he did, I would have expected a deeper response from him on both meetings.

man, some of you people sure do go off the deep end of little stuff. yet the guy who called everyone who works a Wal-mart useless POS. gets off easy. Go figure.

It's his job to be nice to you. He did that well, despite your abuse.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Why, If I had a rubber hose I would beat you...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Trashheap that's a good name for you.......What would have been funny is if he kicked your ass.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#39]
You know, if I was in WV right now, I'd try to find the guy and buy him a 6 pack for dealing with that kind of crap.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#40]
You owe him an apology.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#41]
As a poster to this site, this thread makes us all look like shit, it should be trashed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
As a poster to this site, this thread makes us all look like shit, it should be trashed.

+1
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#43]
He could  probably  kick your any day of the week.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
What would have been funny is if he kicked your ass.

The guy had a job. A shitty job. Which means he needed a job. Any job. If he would have kicked shit heaps ass, he would have lost his job. And that's where guys like shit heap get their bravery. Pussies like him know they can run their sewers without recourse if they pick the right targets. Shit heap wouldn't dare be so rude to a guy on the street.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Next time make sure you make fun of "Mall Ninjas" behind their backs.

Then we'll all be Ok with it.

That dude deserves a BJ and a case of beer from you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

"Good afternoon sir".

Don't hold back, let your opinion out!    
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow, you lived up to your username.  Real smooth.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Some here were patting yourselves on the back while calling mallsecurityguy "who probally doesn't post anymore" a retard on and on and on a few months back. I don't recall jumping in on that one.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What would have been funny is if he kicked your ass.

The guy had a job. A shitty job. Which means he needed a job. Any job. If he would have kicked shit heaps ass, he would have lost his job. And that's where guys like shit heap get their bravery. Pussies like him know they can run their sewers without recourse if they pick the right targets. Shit heap wouldn't dare be so rude to a guy on the street.

I concur ..Never disrespect the working man.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#50]
This is a perfect example of what's wrong with society. No class whatsoever and then bragging to everybody about some rude statement he made.

To top it off....what you said wasn't even mildly humorous. In fact it barely makes any sense.

The only redeeming value of this post is that so many people are pointing out what an ass you made of yourself.

Just pathetic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top