Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 5:19:00 PM EDT
There was another thread about bad, sad, suicide, etc. stories related to firearms that people have heard from someone they knew.  It really got me thinking.  There was nothing wrong with this thread or talking about it, but let's hear some good stories where firearm ownership helped the good guy.  I am sure most people have heard of stories from people they knew.

I have heard many stories if you count the town where you are from, people you went to school with ten years ago, etc.  but let's hear stories from close friends or family or people that you actually knew.

The funny thing is that i don't really remember the details of the story my grandfather had about when he was on a motorcycle trip with my grandmother and they used their pistol to scare somebody off, any of the stories from my other grandfather who was a police officer, the details of my co-worker's dad's story about the carjacking he survived, my uncle's friend who had a shoot-out with a burgular one night and won, etc...but I sure do remember the details (even the firearm used) of the guy that my brother kind of knew who shot himself.  Kind of funny how the bad ones stick with you but the good ones don't, especially when the good ones end with the best possible result and no one at all was hurt because the dickhead/s are scared off.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top