Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 12:28:10 AM EDT
I lost count how many time the actor/demostrator put he trigger finger in the trigger gard while showing the gun loading/ unloading it. I'm not talking about the reenactments.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I lost count how many time the actor/demostrator put he trigger finger in the trigger gard while showing the gun loading/ unloading it. I'm not talking about the reenactments.
View Quote

Yeah, with the broomhandle.
1)  Place your finger firmly on the trigger
2)  Pull on this thing
3)  Squeeze on the trigger to make sure it's still under your finger
4)  Pull smartly back on the ears
5)  Massage that trigger so that it knows you are still there
6)  Stick a stripper clip full of live rounds into the charging bridge
7)  BANG!  Now how the hell did that happen?

I liked the reenactor that was prone and shooting at the ground.  Big puffs of dirt 10 yards away from him.

Wasn't that dummy an author of some authoritative Mauser book?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen several of the 'historians' on TotG stick their finger in the trigger guard, and/or point the gun at the camera, drives me nuts.

One of the History Channel's hosts (Roger Mudd I think) has made some anti comments in the past...
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Now I understand....
Is on TV, so bad gun handling is mandatory.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I liked the reenactor that was prone and shooting at the ground.  Big puffs of dirt 10 yards away from him.
View Quote

I am glad someone else saw it too.  I laughed my a$$ off!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top