Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 2:33:23 PM EDT
I'm a huge Rugby fan having grown up and played the sport in New Zealand.  Since I have been here in the US, (11 years and counting), I have struggled with the lack of television coverage of a game I would call one of the most exciting to watch, the action hardly ever stops, it doesn't take a whole afternoon to watch and is sometimes referred to as a "hooligans game played by gentlemen...

If you have any interest in watching Rugby or in helping us poor, deprived souls in persuading FOX to increase their coverage then please take a couple of minutes to fill in their survey, it is presented by one of their own commentators legitimately.

FOX Rugby Survey
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Done.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Done. More rugby!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I admit, I wouldn't mind seeing the Six Nations on local TV.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd go for Rugby, but I'm still trying to find out what channel to watch Hurling on...  That's Action.  A bunch of madmen with stunted hockey sticks pounding the hell out of each other and periodically hitting the sliago.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I was born in the UK but didn't get the soccer/rugby gene. Both bore me to tears.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
my oldest boy hooked up with a mens rugby team last fall and good god almighty that is some rough ass shit !!  damn if i was only younger. and all they wear is those dainty little shorts and striped t-shirts, so much for limeys being pansy's. he's playin semi-pro football this fall so he just might be safer now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#7]
What the hell is Rugby????
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Would be nice to watch a few matches - especially if we could get them live before I found the scores online.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Would be nice to watch a few matches - especially if we could get them live before I found the scores online.

Yep,  that's a major part of my problem.  Last year Fox would show the games live, I'd get up for most of them and watch as it is all part of the "flavor", now they are delayed until the early hours of Tuesday morning which means that I can't check out my Rugby websites until after I have watched the recorded match, it pisses me off no end.

I don't know if this is the ideal solution but at least I might get some of my All Black games live along with my Crusaders and Canterbury matches.

Quoted:

I don't know about the rest of the world but this is what I call ...Rugby    
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

A small English town in Tennessee.

I used love to play Rugby but watching on TV it not much fun... but is less painful.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A small English town in Tennessee.Warwickshire

I used love to play Rugby but watching on TV it not much fun... but is less painful.

fixed it for ya, I was born and raised there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top