Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 2:08:25 PM EDT
Or whatever they're calling it these days.

It's coming on to time for me to do a career course, and I'm trying to decide if I wish to remain faithful to Knox, or to go for the idiot-sticks course. Basically tankers are a dying breed in California, and there are much greater opportunities these days for infantry types.

So, what's the course like? Is it a lot of generic stuff such as 'This is how to deal with staff, this is information to help you with running a company', or is it a lot of tactics and fieldwork? If the latter, is it stuff which generally is equally applicable to armour as infantry? How much field time is there anyway? I presume it's gone beyond the level where the officers have to stand sentry duties and dig foxholes as it would have been at OBC.

Feel free to IM if you prefer.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Idiot sticks?   You better stay in your little tank.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry.. I'm an equal-opportunities insulter, and have referred to myself as a DAT on these boards many times before.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to IOAC (Infantry Officers Advanced Course) at Ft Benning, but it was so long ago that any info I have on the course would be pretty useless.  Except for this:  if you go in the summer, you are in for one miserable time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
1980.  Might as well have been 1680.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top