Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2005 2:08:24 PM EDT
Got this in the mail today. The county is getting a new 911 system and is changing everyone's address, a pain but whatever. They sent this volunatry questionaire along with it. The thing that got my attention was them wanting to know how many guns and how much ammo you have on hand at any given time for the database they are compiling. It is voluntary so no big deal. I wonder how many people will actually fill it out. I thought about screwin' with 'em and putting 237 guns and 100k rounds of ammo but I think I will just not fill it out at all. Anybody else ever been asked for this in by their county ?

I guess the fire department would like to know if you have ammo in the house but what would they do then if you had a fire ? They might get the info that you have ammo in the house, tape off the block and watch your house burn to the ground from a distance. Who knows I guess if I was a fireman I would want to know about all the potentially hazardous items as well. Funny how they have GUNS as hazardous material, you see their line of thinking anyway.

The other pages ask for all kinds of medical information, next of kin, pets, etc.

Not my info but an example:
911 Dispatch: We have a noise complaint for xxxx Main Street, a Mr. xxxxx, looks like he has 12 guns in the house, 2000 rounds of ammo, takes painkillers for a back injury, and has a Rot named Killer. Please wait for SWAT's arrival j/k

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You got a boat, right?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Answer: 1 Crossman BB gun and 1 tube of Golden BB's...........
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
"Sufficient to fulfill my Second Amendment duties."
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Say 3 guns and write out "Enough ammo to stop a dynamic entry."
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Ammo?  Yeah, that would be good for the FD to know in advance if there's a large quantity on hand.

Guns?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You got a boat, right?

Tragically, not any more.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
There are some people that think that unloaded firearms roam and crawl along streets and alleyways ready to punce on and tear the throats of innocent people.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Put:
573 Guns (235 AR's)     [Location] Kitchen, Office, Bathroom, Bar in the Basement
234,000 Rounds (126,987 .50 BMG)    Scattered around on the floor throughout the house and by the oven.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Got this in the mail today. The county is getting a new 911 system and is changing everyone's address, a pain but whatever. They sent this volunatry questionaire along with it. The thing that got my attention was them wanting to know how many guns and how much ammo you have on hand at any given time for the database they are compiling. It is voluntary so no big deal. I wonder how many people will actually fill it out. I thought about screwin' with 'em and putting 237 guns and 100k rounds of ammo but I think I will just not fill it out at all. Anybody else ever been asked for this in by their county ?

I guess the fire department would like to know if you have ammo in the house but what would they do then if you had a fire ? They might get the info that you have ammo in the house, tape off the block and watch your house burn to the ground from a distance. Who knows I guess if I was a fireman I would want to know about all the potentially hazardous items as well. Funny how they have GUNS as hazardous material, you see their line of thinking anyway.

The other pages ask for all kinds of medical information, next of kin, pets, etc.

Not my info but an example:
911 Dispatch: We have a noise complaint for xxxx Main Street, a Mr. xxxxx, looks like he has 12 guns in the house, 2000 rounds of ammo, takes painkillers for a back injury, and has a Rot named Killer. Please wait for SWAT's arrival j/k

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41031

What county are in?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Put:
573 Guns (235 AR's)     [Location] Kitchen, Office, Bathroom, Bar in the Basement
234,000 Rounds (126,987 .50 BMG)    Scattered around on the floor throughout the house and by the oven.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Ive never seen anythig like that.

I put down 1 small propane tank and a bag of miricale grow....nothing else

-HS
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#13]
You should write back to them and ask them on what line you are suppose to put the 10,000 pounds of C4 on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Tannerite 20  55gal drums

Artillery shells  100

Oily rags  10-12  large boxes

Blasting caps  2 gross

Sulphuric acid  100 gallons

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#15]
American Rifleman ran an article several years ago.  They had done some tests, and the results were that live ammunition poses NO danger to firefighters.  You might call up and educate the fuckwits about the ammo, and I'd love to hear their excuse as to why they are asking about guns.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Ammo is not a danger, now a loaded gun is dangerous in a fire.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You might call up and educate the fuckwits about the ammo, and I'd love to hear their excuse as to why they are asking about guns.

Exploding Glocks?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Ummm. Sure. 0 guns, 0 ammo. That's the average since the dawn of Creation. Assholes.

"It's for your protection"
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The question is who put them up to this.  I will bet local politicans didn't just dream this up. Stored ammo poses no threat to fire department.  Black powder would but they didn't ask about it. Only guns and ammo ?  They wanted us inform fire department in my township of any stored guns or ammo but we backed them down.  We never found out who put them up to this.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#20]
They tried that shit here years ago, only idiots replied.

Seriously.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#21]
What about rubbing alcohol, Everclear and Barcardi 151, and strike anywhere matches?

Does beer fall under Pool chemicals?

What about oxygen (med/or not) and acetalyne?

Firecrackers?

stupidfuckinquestionaire

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#22]
What county?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ammo is not a danger, now a loaded gun is dangerous in a fire.

I'm a volly ff and have a 22 round in my thigh to vouch for that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#24]
While I certainly wouldn't answer a question like this, I can think of a few benefits of responding.  I suspect that the police response to your house would be a lot quicker if they knew that Mr. Burglar was about to gain access to a few "assault weapons" and enough ammo to supply a battalion.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#25]
When I was in the USAF as a LE troop all privately owned weapons had to be registered with the Security Police when you inprocessed to a base. No prob with having them in base housing but the dorms(barracks) was a no-no. They had to be secured in the SP armory...WTF?

Any ways everytime we were dispatched to base housing it came up on the screen whether they had registered weapons or not at the address.  Kinda pointless really but, I can see where the local FD might want to know!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What county?

Madison County, we have a low population, very rural. I would imagine it is just some stock sheet they got from whatever company/contractor is doing the 911 system here. There are probably very FEW homes in this county without firearms or ammunition so I am sure the Fire Dept automatically assumes every house has ammunition of some type anyway. I personally know hundreds of people around here very well and I cannot think of one that doesn't have any guns or ammo of some type, excluding except for the convicted felons I know of course  .  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
American Rifleman ran an article several years ago.  They had done some tests, and the results were that live ammunition poses NO danger to firefighters.  You might call up and educate the fuckwits about the ammo, and I'd love to hear their excuse as to why they are asking about guns.

it's always been my understanding (maybe I read that article and just don't remember that it is what gave me this understanding) that ammo cooking off in a fire results in the bullet popping out long before the pressure builds to normal chamber amounts and the bullet pops off the casing at much much slower speed than when fired in a gun which allows the pressure to build
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

copied and pasted from SAAMI's website....
Sporting Ammunition and the Firefighter, a video produced by the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute, analyzes the characteristics associated with small arms ammunition when it is subjected to severe impact and fire. When a primer ignites, it causes the propellant to burn, which creates gases which, when under pressure in a firearm, send the bullet down the barrel. Pressure created by the propellant being burned is what discharges a bullet. As such, loose ammunition in a fire does not result in bullets being discharged because the propellant is not burning under pressure. The video, which has been widely circulated to fire departments, concludes that while ammunition produces a popping sound when it burns, there is no mass detonation of the ammunition, any projectiles are of low velocity, and there is no threat to firefighters in their standard turn-out gear.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sporting Ammunition and the Firefighter, a video produced by the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute, analyzes the characteristics associated with small arms ammunition when it is subjected to severe impact and fire. When a primer ignites, it causes the propellant to burn, which creates gases which, when under pressure in a firearm, send the bullet down the barrel. Pressure created by the propellant being burned is what discharges a bullet. As such, loose ammunition in a fire does not result in bullets being discharged because the propellant is not burning under pressure. The video, which has been widely circulated to fire departments, concludes that while ammunition produces a popping sound when it burns, there is no mass detonation of the ammunition, any projectiles are of low velocity, and there is no threat to firefighters in their standard turn-out gear.

Thanks for the info. I guess that makes it official. They are secretly compiling a list so they know which ones to take down at the start of their offensive
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#30]
if anything happens at all (with small arms) it will be the shell popping off the bullet since the lead outweighs the brass.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#31]
The proper Arfcom answer should be either +1 or eleventybillion on both lines.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd put "Not nearly enough. You buying?"
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"Sufficient to fulfill my Second Amendment duties."

I like that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#34]
That PD survey is just begging for trouble.

Zero
Zero
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#35]

When I was in the USAF as a LE troop all privately owned weapons had to be registered with the Security Police when you inprocessed to a base. No prob with having them in base housing but the dorms(barracks) was a no-no. They had to be secured in the SP armory...WTF?

I had to reside in the barracks for a month or so after returning from my first overseas tour.  No way I was going to turn my guns over to the SPs.  I kept them in my car until I found someone I trusted to keep them off base. Only lived in base housing once (for about six months).  What the base commander didn't know didn't hurt him.

Eddie
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Just put mini gun , super soaker and 50 liters of liter fluid . sling shot , bag of rocks ,  wet towel for baby ninjas , Bullet proof vet for dog's , shooten see targets for cats.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Give them nonsense answers.  Like:
Threve
Texas$
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

While it's true that ammunition in a fire just "cooks off," a .50 cal ammo can full of cartridges in a fire does pose a danger.  Individual rounds aren't dangerous.  A bunch in one place can be.

One of the guys I shoot with stores his ammo and reloading stuff in his detached garage.  He's told the local fire department that if there's ever a fire at his property, try to save the house, but stay out of the garage & just let it burn down.

He's one of those guys with 10k+ rounds of ammo, and multiple 8-lb kegs of powder.  Primers by the case.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Ammo?  Yeah, that would be good for the FD to know in advance if there's a large quantity on hand.

Guns?  flymeaway.net/images/finger.gif

+1  If there is a fire, I will be throwing any ammo not in the safe through the windows if I can just so those poor fellas do not have to deal with an impromptu shrapnel fest. I do not see how the firearms have any danger to them, I guess in case they are loaded?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
While I certainly wouldn't answer a question like this, I can think of a few benefits of responding.  I suspect that the police response to your house would be a lot quicker if they knew that Mr. Burglar was about to gain access to a few "assault weapons" and enough ammo to supply a battalion.  

such naivete

the SWAT team would be much quicker to make a dynamic entry and make an example out of the right wing extremist who refuses to place his safety in the hands of professional.

ETA: that was my hasty, angry answer.
In reality, they are prolly using the standard sheet provided to them by a company.
The company is doubtless run by fucktards, much like the "bio metric" security firms who push for a national ID.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like an invitation to a lawsuit.

I would throw it in the trash.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That thought had hit me as well. Say you put zero for propane tanks and then later you buy a propane grill and neglect to update the county. Then you have a fire and someone gets injured by an exploding propane tank. Then all of a sudden you have some lawyer waiving my survey around saying his client was sure there was no danger because I put zero beside propane tanks. Then my insurance company drops my claim due to "my" negligence. This survey is going in the shredder for sure. Less information is starting to look more like less evidence to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I was left a form to fill out on the door for "the city directory".  All sorts of personal stuff, how many people lived here, their names, occupations, ages, number of rooms, etc.  I tossed it.  Then a few weeks later I got another in the mail with a note to please fill out and return asap.  

I called the number on the form, asked for their actual address, where were they.  They would not answer, gave misleading, incomplete answers, and kept saying the worked for "the city directory".  And I asked directly, but they would not say whether or not they worked for the city government.  But they insisted it "was required" that I fill out the form completely and return it asap.

Then a week later a person came by the house with a clip board to interview me personally.  Took great offense when I asked for ID (would not show me ID), I asked her which governmental agency she worked for.  She hemmed and hawed around, would not give a straight answer on that, just that she worked for "the city directory".

Told her to take a hike, and if she was not off my property in 30 seconds, I would force her off.  She left mumbling that it "was required" and if I did not give the information I would be "in violation".  

Never heard from them again.

BTW, I checked, there was no "city directory" associated with the city govt.  I have no idea who they were.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw that video when I was a firefighter, and I ran a call with a house that had alot of ammo and firearms in it. And the only thing I experienced was a lot of popping and that was about it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#45]
If you absolutely had to put something down id put 'varies' in both slots. cause the number could change at any time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Would like to see the sphincter pucker on some of them.

Hmmm, 1k+ rounds of 50BMG plus 5k or so 5.56x45mm and various other crap including reloading supplies.

1k rounds of powder for the 50BMG equates to around 32 pounds of powder as it is :)

Maybe they do have cause for concern but hell if I'm gonna just let all that ammo burn, it's in the safest part of the house as far as fire is concerned.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That thought had hit me as well. Say you put zero for propane tanks and then later you buy a propane grill and neglect to update the county. Then you have a fire and someone gets injured by an exploding propane tank. Then all of a sudden you have some lawyer waiving my survey around saying his client was sure there was no danger because I put zero beside propane tanks. Then my insurance company drops my claim due to "my" negligence. This survey is going in the shredder for sure. Less information is starting to look more like less evidence to me.

These are some fucked up times we live in.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Write in...

You are not cleared for that information.

And wait for the guys with the buckle on shirt.

Seriously, There is no law that requires you to answer that honestly. Make nice noises at the Autocracy. - You would not want to frighten the sheep.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I was left a form to fill out on the door for "the city directory".  All sorts of personal stuff, how many people lived here, their names, occupations, ages, number of rooms, etc.  I tossed it.  Then a few weeks later I got another in the mail with a note to please fill out and return asap.  

I called the number on the form, asked for their actual address, where were they.  They would not answer, gave misleading, incomplete answers, and kept saying the worked for "the city directory".  And I asked directly, but they would not say whether or not they worked for the city government.  But they insisted it "was required" that I fill out the form completely and return it asap.

Then a week later a person came by the house with a clip board to interview me personally.  Took great offense when I asked for ID (would not show me ID), I asked her which governmental agency she worked for.  She hemmed and hawed around, would not give a straight answer on that, just that she worked for "the city directory".

Told her to take a hike, and if she was not off my property in 30 seconds, I would force her off.  She left mumbling that it "was required" and if I did not give the information I would be "in violation".  

Never heard from them again.

BTW, I checked, there was no "city directory" associated with the city govt.  I have no idea who they were.

I had something similar happen to me.
It turned out that it was a sort of scam to collect information for a chain store that was thinking about opening a branch near by.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Re: "City Directory" People

Turn them in for impersonating government officals.  Should have called 911 while they were there and detained the woman, although I doubt your "citizens arrest" would be smiled upon.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top