Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 12:08:17 PM EDT
I've seen these $49.00 receivers lately and wonder if there is a model with a usb adapter so that I could use it with my laptop. Anyone have ideas on this subject. $49.00 and a subscription isn't too expensive as a starter receiver.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No.

F satellite radio, get a mp3 player and get pod casts.

The satellite biz is just another mass media conduit, unfortunately - it had the chance to be something better and turned out to neglect that possibility.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
www.timetraxtech.com

A bit expensive (depending on what equipment you already own).

Big plus... allows you to record satellite broadcasts to your HDD.

www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,66156,00.html
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No.

The satellite biz is just another mass media conduit, unfortunately - it had the chance to be something better and turned out to neglect that possibility.

which was?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it too late for you to get Sirius? XM blows these days and is getting worse. Just pick up a channel brochure of each and you will see.

I have a nice Alpine MP3/sat. player and have found that I never listen to MP3 cds anymore, except on rare occasions.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is it too late for you to get Sirius? XM blows these days and is getting worse. Just pick up a channel brochure of each and you will see.

I have a nice Alpine MP3/sat. player and have found that I never listen to MP3 cds anymore, except on rare occasions.

No haven't bought yet. Just looking at the possibilities. Is an FM modulator good enough for a starter unit?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No.

Explain that, please. Maybe some more insight? Reasons?

It is still an infant.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:13:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Audio out to Audio in on the sound?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]

I use my XM Roady II at work and use the output to pump the music into my computer. I use a free program called MyMP3 to record what I want to hear later. It works perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#9]
XM subscribers  can listen to the audio streams over the web for free,
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:33:13 AM EDT
[#10]
i have xm and pretty much listen to the news and x comedy channels.music program on it seems alot of songs i never heard of.if i want music i turn the radio on.

kids love the disney channel,wife loves the sports channels.
to me the news and comedy channel is worth the $20 family plan.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i have xm and pretty much listen to the news and x comedy channels.music program on it seems alot of songs i never heard of.if i want music i turn the radio on.

Complaining about songs you have never heard of???

Most people actully cite that as the reason for getting sat radio.

What type of music do you like to listen to?

Channels 10, 20, 21, 22, and 46 should have songs that you are familiar with.

(yup, just checked 'em. all "common" songs)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#12]
What powers those $49.00 units? Do they plug into the cig lighter, or run on batteries?

M4-AK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top