Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 7:42:07 AM EDT

who makes a good set of heavy leather work gloves for farm and ranch chores.  
i need something that will turn thorns and barbed wire and not tear out after about a week of work.

i have an old pair that is several years old and they are wearing out.
every new pair i find lasts about a week and the leather just rips and falls apart.

thanks.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Try tractor supply co.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i tried them and walked away
also lowes, home depot and sears.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i tried them and walked away
also lowes, home depot and sears.

The ones here have good gloves, of course we have one every ten miles.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Might see about some welding gloves or something if tractor supply is not heavy duty enough.

One thing my tractor supply offers to do is order in something their catalog has that the store does not have.  I have not done this, but I guess checking to see if tractor supply has an online catalog might help some since you would have something to start looking for.

I have to drive to the burbs to get to a tractor supply, so I find it easier to go to the local farm store and if they don't have it they happily tell you who would carry it and send you to some other local mom and pop store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top