Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 3:24:03 AM EDT
This time a Naval Academy Grad...

Second Officer Says 9/11 Leader Was Named Before Attacks
By PHILIP SHENON
WASHINGTON, Aug. 22 - An active-duty Navy captain has become the second military officer to come forward publicly to say that a secret intelligence program tagged the ringleader of the Sept. 11 attacks as a possible terrorist more than a year before the attacks.

The officer, Scott J. Phillpott, said in a statement on Monday that he could not discuss details of the military program, which was called Able Danger, but confirmed that its analysts had identified the Sept. 11 ringleader, Mohamed Atta, by name by early 2000. "My story is consistent," said Captain Phillpott, who managed the program for the Pentagon's Special Operations Command. "Atta was identified by Able Danger by January-February of 2000."

Where will Gorelick hide?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Back under the rock she came from.

BTW.....  didn't her law firm represent a terrorist from Saudi Arabia?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been out of things....who's this gorelick person, and wtf do they have to do with the terrorists?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been out of things....who's this gorelick person, and wtf do they have to do with the terrorists?

That bitch was the assistant AG under Janet Reno who wrote a statement saying the FBI could not use intel gathered by the military.  So even if Atta had been ID and Able Danger gave the information to the FBI, NOTHING COULD HAVE BEEN DONE!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:19:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd also have to ask whether it was just Atta and a few of his cohorts who were identified, or if they had compiled a list of 1000+ "suspected potential terrorists" on which Atta's name was one of many.

--Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That bitch was the assistant AG under Janet Reno who wrote a statement saying the FBI could not use intel gathered by the military.  So even if Atta had been ID and Able Danger gave the information to the FBI, NOTHING COULD HAVE BEEN DONE!

But the kicker is, SHE WAS ON THE 9-11 COMISSION!  Instead of answering questions, she was asking them!

Oh yes, that TOO!  She STEERED questions away from the facts.  After Sandy "The burgular" Berger DESTROYED National Archive documents.  Not looking good for these two...could be worse, especially if your name is Benon Savan who just fled New York and the DA is hot on his tail...fled to his home country and guess what?  No international extradition to the US!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This time a Naval Academy Grad...

Second Officer Says 9/11 Leader Was Named Before Attacks
By PHILIP SHENON
WASHINGTON, Aug. 22 - An active-duty Navy captain has become the second military officer to come forward publicly to say that a secret intelligence program tagged the ringleader of the Sept. 11 attacks as a possible terrorist more than a year before the attacks.

The officer, Scott J. Phillpott, said in a statement on Monday that he could not discuss details of the military program, which was called Able Danger, but confirmed that its analysts had identified the Sept. 11 ringleader, Mohamed Atta, by name by early 2000. "My story is consistent," said Captain Phillpott, who managed the program for the Pentagon's Special Operations Command. "Atta was identified by Able Danger by January-February of 2000."

"...say that a SECRET intelligence program...."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top