User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 6:55:31 PM EDT
Spike TV.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've already got it tagged on the TV
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
TiVo'ing now....thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Episode 1, season 2.....weak!

WTF two guys quit?  One becuase the house is too much like jail, and the cameras were freaking him out. Then another because he wouldnt make weight.  Plus one thrown off for an injury.

WTF were they thinking picking a 191 pounder to fight at 170 anyway?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup....after seeing the first season I thought some of the guys were pretty immature.......they look like seasoned pros now compared to some of the 2nd season......
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Based on the preview of next week, it doesn't look like its going to get much better.  They showed a pretty disgusted Matt Hughes.  I wonder if part of the problem is knowing the success of all the guys from the last season.  Its not just Forrest and Diego in the UFC, but a lot of the guys are getting in now because they are genuinely good fighters.  Last season the guys didn't know that and were hungry because they thought only the winner had a shot at the big time.  I think these guys see just getting on the show as their meal ticket and don't care as much.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I also thought it sucked.  What I am wondering is if that dude knew he would have to drop 20 lbs. before his first fight?

You would think that they would tell the guys that as waltherweights they would be fighting at 170 lbs. so they would be prepared before they even arrived in Vegas.  Dropping 20 lbs. in a couple days is alot to ask.  And when your opponent doesent have to drop any, you are a t a serious disadvantage.  Dehydrated and weak for the fight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew this season would blow when I saw the previews and they had the UFC President standing there cussing and trying to "shock and awe" the new fighters. Last season didn't have him being an attention whore - I guess they're really trying to add drama.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I also thought it sucked.  What I am wondering is if that dude knew he would have to drop 20 lbs. before his first fight?

You would think that they would tell the guys that as waltherweights they would be fighting at 170 lbs.

Yes, they knew and showed up the first day way overweight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought it was hilarious when Rich Franklin wouldn't let the guy out of the sauna:  "Don't tell me you can't take anymore when you've got the energy to throw stuff!"

Luke (who read something in a book once) makes his interviews about as interesting as hostage videos - but I'll be damned if that kid isn't freaking scary.

Hopefully Dana White won't hog attention like he did in the opening show.  I would've like to see Chuck Lidell make a return - but hopefully he's on to bigger and better things.

I wasn't dissappointed in the season opener and I'll continue to watch.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I thought it was hilarious when Rich Franklin wouldn't let the guy out of the sauna:  "Don't tell me you can't take anymore when you've got the energy to throw stuff!"

Luke (who read something in a book once) makes his interviews about as interesting as hostage videos - but I'll be damned if that kid isn't freaking scary.

Hopefully Dana White won't hog attention like he did in the opening show.  I would've like to see Chuck Lidell make a return - but hopefully he's on to bigger and better things.

I wasn't dissappointed in the season opener and I'll continue to watch.

I agree, though I watch that show as background noise....Until the fights. I dont really care to watch all the drama of the house and what not. Its no better the any of the other reality shows in that regard. But when the fists start flying, I turn to the tube and watch.
CH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top