Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 6:35:11 PM EDT
How the HELL do you get #3 spark plug out? Once you get the plug socket in there, there is about 1/4" of clearance between the socket and the steering column.  Took me damn near an hour to get the plug out by using a 3/4" open end to turn the socket.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife has '00 Blazer.  Haven't changed the plugs on that one yet, but I did on her '91.  Look at the steering shaft.  On the '91 there was what they call a "rag joint" flex coupling held together with two nuts.  Easy enough to pull the nuts and swing the shaft aside to get at the plug.  Wouldn't doubt if the '00 is the same.  Just make sure you get the shaft back the same way it came apart.  The first time I did one, I got all done and the steering wheel was off 180 degrees.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My wife has '00 Blazer.  Haven't changed the plugs on that one yet, but I did on her '91.  Look at the steering shaft.  On the '91 there was what they call a "rag joint" flex coupling held together with two nuts.  Easy enough to pull the nuts and swing the shaft aside to get at the plug.  Wouldn't doubt if the '00 is the same.  Just make sure you get the shaft back the same way it came apart.  The first time I did one, I got all done and the steering wheel was off 180 degrees.

Could it possibly be covered by a orange piece of rubber?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top