Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 4:29:30 PM EDT
I've lived in south freaking florida longer than I ever wanted to or ever dreamed I would....and I've almost got wifey convinced to move to my favorite location....the smokey/blue ridge area...looking for a new home in either Robbinsville/Murphy, NC or Ellijay area of Nort GA...are either one or both of these "Banned States"?....as that would play a heavy role in my decision making.

T.I.A. Bill.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't tell you about "banned" states but if you move to Arizona you may be banned here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
NC has much more restrictive gun laws than Florida.  You cannot carry in banks, or anywhere else the owner decides to put up a note saying "No guns here" (much weaker than Texas's 30.06 rule).  You cannot own a rifle with a magazine that holds 30 or more rounds (you'll need to sell your 30-round AR15 mags), etc --- NC is a democrat-ran state, so what else should you expect.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You cannot own a rifle with a magazine that holds 30 or more rounds (you'll need to sell your 30-round AR15 mags), etc ---

Not true at all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You cannot own a rifle with a magazine that holds 30 or more rounds (you'll need to sell your 30-round AR15 mags), etc ---

Not true at all.

I remember reading it somewhere, but it could have very well been incorrect.  I am much more familiar with Texas gun laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top