Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:52:23 PM EDT
Have I mentioned I hate moving? The worst was moving my parents a few years back. Fourth story walkup in NYC, 40 years of accumulated shit. Nightmare.

Funny story - my brother is lowering their washing machine down a flight of stairs on a handtruck. I'm in front of the handtruck, making sure it doesn't get away from him as he lowers it. He tells me he's got it, go get another load. I ask him if he's sure, he says yes.
I go back upstairs and I'm bullshitting with my mom and I hear out in the hallway...BOOM..................BOOM.....................BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM......OWWWWWWWWWWW!
The handtruck had got away from him and hooked his leg as it rolled uncontrolled down the flight of stairs. The machine dragged his fat ass down the flight of stairs, bouncing his ass on every step. The only reason it's funny is that he didn't get seriously hurt, which he easily could have.

Anyway.
I just finished packing 10 boxes I bought from Uhaul, it looks like we're gonna need at least another 10
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You just bought a new car AND you're moving? Damn you're crazy.

Where are you off to?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Where are you off to?

Are you stalking me?

LOL bro. Staying local for now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know a single person that doesn't dread moving.
I'm still having moving nightmares from when I moved out of my shitty mouse infested apartment in Brooklyn and that was over 10 years ago
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have moved 5 times in the last 6 years. I still have one or two unopened boxes from each one of those seperate moves out in the storage house now. I will go through them one day . I did have to go out and search for my old TI-83 the other day and found about 300 rounds of 7.62 and another 200 rounds of .223 so it wasn't a big waste of time
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate moving, unless I absolutely positively have to, this is it where I'm at.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Amatuers.  Ask LT how many times he has moved.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you off to?

Are you stalking me?

I just didn't know if a recent visit to free states had you moving to greener pastures!

Where did you end up going on your expedition anyway?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#8]
ive moved like 15 times in the last 8 or so years. most of my stuff is STILL in boxs from the last 8 or so moves.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you off to?

Are you stalking me?

I just didn't know if a recent visit to free states had you moving to greener pastures!

Wifey and sister-in-law (she stayed over for the summer) fagged out at the last minute. VT and NH are going to have to wait for another week or 2
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you off to?

Are you stalking me?

Wifey and sister-in-law (she stayed over for the summer) fagged out at the last minute. VT and NH are going to have to wait for another week or 2

Ah weak. At least there are more fairs during late august/september that you might be able to make.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where are you off to?

Are you stalking me?

Ah weak. At least there are more fairs during late august/september that you might be able to make.

And the leaves will be turning about that time so the area will be beautiful.

And yes, moving sucks. I am helping my girlfriend move this weekend. Not looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#12]
You know they do have companys that do this kinda shit for you...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top