Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:43:30 PM EDT
i shipped a rifle today through ups and i called them tonight to get a location of the package..

this morning i shipped a rifle to florida because i just sold it. dropped it off at a staples ups center and shipped it ground with insurance and signature verification. i called them asked them where it was ran threw the hoops and i am trying to find out where my package is. woman is suppose to call me back. i told her if i didnt get the package back by tommorow i was going to call the atf and report the incident that happend. i think that if you cannot drop a packaged firearm off at a ups center they should say so before they ship it for you.

right now im really angry that this shit happend
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i have the serial number the shipping papers and the ffl. if somthing happens ups is gonna get a ass kicking
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ohhhh I get it, you shipped a rifle through UPS. I thought you shipped a rifle and then you threw UPS somehow.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]
DAMN GRAMMAR NAZI... im pretty nervous right now
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]
So your rifle puked?

Joking, So you just shipped it this morning?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Should have called it firearms parts.

Oh and "threw" =

"through" =
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had to ship firearms a couple times, and it is a nerve wracking activity, as you're so worried someone is going to rip it off, or you've done something illegal in spite of your best efforts to be on the up and up.

My advice is to stay cool about it for a day or so, it will probably turn out fine.   Anything you do to draw attention to the package can't help.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
they are in the process of returning it to me... so i can ship it "OVERNIGHT" ala there website says that but there employees dont

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/guidelines/firearms.html
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Actually, I was being a spelling Nazi, not a grammar Nazi.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#9]
From the title I though maybe the UPS guy took your gun out to the range and gave him bad results.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well he spelled the word correctly, he just used the wrong word. So that would be a Grammer nazi.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#11]
what exactly are you getting worked up about???

just put the rifle in a box and ship it ground to an FFL.  UPS regulations don't matter,  what matters is FEDERAL regulations.  As long as the person receiving it is an FFL dealer your fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
From the title I though maybe the UPS guy took your gun out to the range and gave him bad results.

Yeah, his title should read "I tried to ship a rifle through UPS, I thought they were going to give it to me dry".
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well he spelled the word correctly, he just used the wrong word. So that would be a Grammer nazi.

Know whose beiing A grammer Natzi!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's assuming he just used the wrong word. Maybe he just didn't know how to spell through.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
what exactly are you getting worked up about???

just put the rifle in a box and ship it ground to an FFL.  UPS regulations don't matter,  what matters is FEDERAL regulations.  As long as the person receiving it is an FFL dealer your fine.

If its damaged in transit and he didnt follow their regulations to the letter (ie: declaring it, shipping it from the UPS hub, etc), he wont be reimbursed for the insured amount.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Shipping centers do not accept firearms. UPS and Federal Express require overnight shipping on handguns only,  UPS actual depots and Federal Express Depots. and U.S. mail as in post office will ship rifles ground or air your choice.

It's a rifle just go mail it.

Finally, someone who knows how to do this right.

Here's a hint: 99% of FedEx, UPS, and USPS employees don't know shit from shinola about shipping firearms.  Be ready to show them in their own regs (which you can get on line) how to do it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's assuming he just used the wrong word. Maybe he just didn't know how to spell through.

Im THREW talking about this, Carry on...........
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#19]
talked to the buyer here from ar15.com, talked to ups again. they said i will have it back tommorow or wednesday. i said if i dont atf is gonna be called. i told them its there fault there employees dont know shit.
wont sleep untill i have the rifle in my hands. this sucks ASS. damnit
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im THREW talking about this, Carry on...........

Im...? Did you mean "I'm" as in I am?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#21]
DUDE STFU. im trying to sort this shit out i dont need your freaking sarcastic grammar nazi ass hounding me if you want to help me give me some advice. btw i do not care about my spelling right now
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#22]
You do know that the US Post Office will ship rifles for you? You are shipping to an FFL?

I have shipped a couple of rifles through the Post Office before, without a hitch.

They will ask what you are shipping. Just do yourself a favor and check with the ATF, as I did, and let the clerk at the PO know that you did so.

www.restoretherepublic.org
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#23]
i let them know what was in the box i shipped threw ups. they shipped it now they are returning it. AFTER THEY FIND IT
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I've had to ship firearms a couple times, and it is a nerve wracking activity, as you're so worried someone is going to rip it off, or you've done something illegal in spite of your best efforts to be on the up and up.

My advice is to stay cool about it for a day or so, it will probably turn out fine.   Anything you do to draw attention to the package can't help.

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Next time use US Priority Mail!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#26]
IMHO, the cheapest and legal way >

Nonlicensees should use the following with Insurance:
Long guns = USPS Parcel Post
Handguns = UPS Next Day Air Saver or FedEx Standard Overnight

Licensees should use the following with Insurance:
Long guns = UPS Ground with Signature Confirmation
Handguns = USPS Priority Mail
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Next time use US Priority Mail!!

A Big +1
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Precision machine parts
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#30]
ups will not return my rifle what to do what to do??? they said my paperwork is incorrect.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#31]
What kind of paperwork are you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#32]
shipping info
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#33]
talked to another guy down there and he said he was gonna call his boss and that i can pick it up tonight. i said i have all the paperwork and even the sales reciept of the firearm to me. i told him if they then refused to give me my firearm then they would be dealing with the police for larsony or whatever the cop told me
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm a little confused about the events here.

So you dropped a package off to be shipped by GROUND at a UPS location THIS MORNING, and you're frantically calling them trying to "locate" your package THIS EVENING.

Why ?

And then when they cannot tell you IMMEDIATELY where it is (for whatever mysterious reason you apparently need to know), you get all pissy with them and threaten to call the ATF ??

Why ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#35]
My head hurts from reading this thread.

Calm down, and type so that other people will know what you are talking about.

Now let me see if I got this straight. You shipped a rifle this morning. For some reason you now want it back. They are working on it. You are freaking out, and threatening to have everyone and their grandmother arrested. Am I correct so far?

ETA: Dang, either the dutch type fast, or I type slow.....Cause I think he is having the same problem as I am having understanding this thread.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#37]
no wrong worng wrong.. this morning i shipped the rifle out not at a ups hub. and i called them asking about the status on the firearm they then freaked out saying it was staying at the hub and was being shipped back to staples i was like wtf over. they then told me to come pick it up i went and they did not give. so i called around and then finnaly got somebody worth talking to they then contacted the MAIN man and he said ill be there at 8am with his rifle bam.

i was on fritz end after i left the ups hub i went to the raleigh pd. they said with all your paperwork and reciept of sale, if they refuse to give it to you then we will get it for you. not that i wanted it back. but i wanted to get it to its destination. i promised ranger i would have it to him this week and im holding up my end as he did his. there you go
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#38]
so i get it back at 8am on wednesday.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
no wrong worng wrong.. this morning i shipped the rifle out not at a ups hub. and i called them asking about the status on the firearm

Why did you call them?  

Had they contacted you about the package being returned, and you were just calling them back?

they then freaked out saying it was staying at the hub and was being shipped back to staples i was like wtf over.

Why did they freak out?  

What STARTED this?  Them freaking out, or you calling them the same day you shipped it, demanding to know where it was, and starting to threaten them as soon as they couldn't tell you immediately?

Seriously - I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.

they then told me to come pick it up i went and they did not give.

So you went to the staples location, and they HAD the package there but refused to return it to you?

Why?  What reason did they give?

so i called around and then finnaly got somebody worth talking to they then contacted the MAIN man and he said ill be there at 8 with his rifle bam. i was on fritz end after i left the ups hub i went to the raleigh pd. they said with all your paperwork and reciept of sale, if they refuse to give it to you then we will get it for you. not that i wanted it back. but i wanted to get it to its destination. i promised ranger i would have it to him this week and im holding up my end as he did his. there you go
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#40]
i did not threaten them i just said if it wasnt back to me by thursday after i showed them all of my paperwork on the rifle the atf was gonna get involved
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
talked to the buyer here from ar15.com, talked to ups again. they said i will have it back tommorow or wednesday. i said if i dont atf is gonna be called. i told them its there fault, there employees dont know shit.

Actually thats THEIR!

Sorry I couldnt resist!

You missed the other "their" and the comma.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#42]
ups hub still has the package... i called to find out where it was because the tracking info wasnt active after 8pm
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
ups hub still has the package... i called to find out where it was because the tracking info wasnt active after 8pm

So you called them the SAME DAY you shipped it GROUND to find out where it was??  Where do you think it was??  Timbuktu?  

If you ship it ground, it's going to be at the local hub later that same day.  I don't mean to flame you, but I honestly have no clue why someone would do such a thing??  

I'm still curious about why they "freaked out" when you were on the phone with them?  

ETA:  Either way, I'm glad it seems to have been resolved for you.  Like haysoos, my head hurts now!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Ow... head hurts...

Good luck to you..
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
No. This morning I shipped the rifle out, not at a ups hub. I called them asking about the status on the firearm. They said it was staying at the hub and was going to be shipped back to staples. I was confused. They told me to come pick it up at the hub. I went there and they did not give me my firearm. So I called around and finaly spoke with someone worth talking to. They contacted the MAIN man and he said i'll be there at 8am with the rifle.

I was pissed off after leaving the ups hub. I went to the raleigh pd. They said that if they refuse to give it to you, then we will get it for you. Not that I wanted it back. I wanted to get it to its destination. I promised ranger I would have it to him this week and I'm holding up my end of the deal, as he did his.

Here is the easier reading version. Sorry dude, but you need to calm down if you want to convey your point to other people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
talked to the buyer here from ar15.com, talked to ups again. they said i will have it back tommorow or wednesday. i said if i dont atf is gonna be called. i told them its there fault, there employees dont know shit.

Actually thats THEIR!

Sorry I couldnt resist!

You missed the other "their" and the comma.

... and the apostrophe in that's - it's a contraction.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#47]
hehe im calm now glad you guys where here to make me laugh
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn, I must be one really dumbass lucky mofo...

16yr's shipping and receiving firearms as a 01FFL using UPS, USPS, and Fedx with not one (1) fuckup or problem to date. Damn...!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#49]
well you better be knocking on wood now because tommorow it might happen
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top