Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 3:28:26 PM EDT
Got this from a friend

Subject:     "We need to pull out"....    

If you consider that there have been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the last 22 months, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000.  The rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000.  [That means that you are 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.]  

Conclusion:  We should immediately pull out of Washington, D.C. !!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to agree, over 90% of voters supported Kerry in the last election.  Washington DC is a lost cause.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Got this from a friend

If you consider that there have been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the last 22 months, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000.  The rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000.  [That means that you are 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.]  

There goes the "SPIN ON NUMBERS" game again...as I once heard very wise man say...

"As soon as I hear someone 'Talking Precentages'?...I know they are doing so to hide reality."

Now...let's add in the death toll in Iraq from such things as...Suicide Bombings, Car Bombings, I.E.D.'s and Mortar Attacks...still prefer Iraq over D.C.?

If so...please....by all means....feel free to sign up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have to agree, over 90% of voters supported Kerry in the last election.  Washington DC is a lost cause.

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The numbers are too fuzzy logic for me.

I am certain that Iraq is a much more dangerous place than even the worst city in the U.S.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Got this from a friend

There goes the "SPIN ON NUMBERS" game again...as I once heard very wise man say...

"As soon as I hear someone 'Talking Precentages'?...I know they are doing so to hide reality."

Now...let's add in the death toll in Iraq from such things as...Suicide Bombings, Car Bombings, I.E.D.'s and Mortar Attacks...still prefer Iraq over D.C.?

If so...please....by all means....feel free to sign up.

Guess you are either a or just too serious.

I got this and took it as an ironic tale against DC. You know, what a tale is don't you?

Man, get a life!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top