Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:15:47 PM EDT
I was waiting on this truck driver to deliver some rock to put on a timber haul road.  He left to pick up the stone at 2 and said he was coming back.  The rock quarry is 25 miles from the tract  I waited for him until 5 (3 hours).  He didn't show so I left.  He showed up at 5:30, tried to spread the stone by himself and got the truck stuck.  Now he is pissed at me.  I feel bad, but I what should have taken 1hr 15 minutes took over twice as long and I didn't want to wait until nightfall.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
He went and got some nooky.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Communication is essential in any operation. I wouldn't sweat it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Communication is essential in any operation. I wouldn't sweat it.

I tried calling him, but I couldn't get cell reception and when I did, the battery crapped out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Did he tell you why he was late? Truck drivers get held up picking up loads, as well as unloading.  Maybe, he got held up picking up the load.  Did he have a way to contact you?  If so, it's the least he could have done.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did he tell you why he was late? Truck drivers get held up picking up loads, as well as unloading.  Maybe, he got held up picking up the load.  Did he have a way to contact you?  If so, it's the least he could have done.

His battery cable broke.  I would have figured he could have just kept the load until tomorrow morning.  Now he won't return my phone calls and I need 10 more loads of stone over the next 3 days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He went and got some nooky.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
3 hour delay?  You were owed an update at a minimum.

G
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
3 hour delay?  You were owed an update at a minimum.

G

Yep. He was just slacking off in the meantime.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was waiting on this truck driver to deliver some rock to put on a timber haul road.  He left to pick up the stone at 2 and said he was coming back.  The rock quarry is 25 miles from the tract  I waited for him until 5 (3 hours).  He didn't show so I left.  He showed up at 5:30, tried to spread the stone by himself and got the truck stuck.  Now he is pissed at me.  I feel bad, but I what should have taken 1hr 15 minutes took over twice as long and I didn't want to wait until nightfall.  

Let's see if I've got it right:

- He was late due to no fault of your own
- He didn't call for some reason, not sure if it's your's or his
- He decided, on his own, to spread the rock; not sure if he was supposed to, but doesn't sound like he was.
- He gets stuck, doing something he wasn't supposed to do after he was +3 hours late

And now he's pissed at you???

Ok, what did I miss or is he just an asshat???
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's see if I've got it right:

- He was late due to no fault of your own
- He didn't call for some reason, not sure if it's your's or his
- He decided, on his own, to spread the rock; not sure if he was supposed to, but doesn't sound like he was.
- He gets stuck, doing something he wasn't supposed to do after he was +3 hours late

And now he's pissed at you???

Ok, what did I miss or is he just an asshat???

Sounds like that about sums it up. Guy is a dickweed. Find someone else if possible.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE, Well I have it all worked out now, I told him I was sorry that I left and that he got stuck, long story short, he will be bringing me stone tomorrow  wew, time to have a beer and watch some James Bond.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
UPDATE, Well I have it all worked out now, I told him I was sorry that I left and that he got stuck, long story short, he will be bringing me stone tomorrow  wew, time to have a beer and watch some James Bond.

Sounds like someone realized their mistake and it wasn't your fault.  Of course, you apologizing probably made it easier for him.

Glad it worked out.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top