Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 1:36:45 PM EDT
Caugh this small female this morning. The camo pattern is perfect for it in my yard. I tried to get a pic of it in the grass but I had to hold my dog back from eating it. It got up on its back legs and ran off too quick.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
bigger pic to see pattern

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
They're so cute.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Did his tail fall off?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did his tail fall off?

No I havent seen that happen yet. I catch about 2 or 3 a week. They sneak into my porch and eat bugs. There is a large Male around who looks like he lost his tail at one point.

They are real fiesty at first but once you got a hold of them, they mellow out real quick.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#6]
did it try to turn you to stone?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
did it try to turn you to stone?

I made my saving throw.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#8]
BASILISK

Armor Class:    4
 Hit Dice:       6 + 1*
 Move:           60’ (20’)
 Attacks:        1 bite/l gaze
 Damage:         1-10 + petrification
 No. Appearing:  1-6 (1-6)
 Save As:        Fighter: 6
 Morale:         9
 Treasure Type:  F
 Alignment:      Neutral
 XP Value:       950
A basilisk is a 10’-long non-intelligent magical lizard. It lives in underground caverns or wild and tangled thickets. Any creature hit by a basilisk must make a Saving Throw vs. Turn to Stone or be petrified (including equipment carried).

The basilisk’s gaze has the same effect; anyone meeting the gaze must make the same Saving Throw or be petrified. A surprised character automatically meets the gaze. A character in hand-to-hand combat with the creature must either avoid the gaze or meet the gaze each round. If avoiding the gaze, a - 4 penalty applies to all Hit rolls against the monster, while the basilisk gains a +2 bonus to its attacks. A mirror may be used for additional safety. While using a mirror, a -2 penalty to the Hit roll (instead of -4) is used; however, the attacker cannot use a shield. The area must be lit for the mirror to be effective. If the basilisk sees itself in the mirror (a roll of 1 on ld6, checked each round), it must make a Saving Throw or be turned to stone!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
BASILISK

Armor Class:    4
 Hit Dice:       6 + 1*
 Move:           60’ (20’)
 Attacks:        1 bite/l gaze
 Damage:         1-10 + petrification
 No. Appearing:  1-6 (1-6)
 Save As:        Fighter: 6
 Morale:         9
 Treasure Type:  F
 Alignment:      Neutral
 XP Value:       950
A basilisk is a 10’-long non-intelligent magical lizard. It lives in underground caverns or wild and tangled thickets. Any creature hit by a basilisk must make a Saving Throw vs. Turn to Stone or be petrified (including equipment carried).

The basilisk’s gaze has the same effect; anyone meeting the gaze must make the same Saving Throw or be petrified. A surprised character automatically meets the gaze. A character in hand-to-hand combat with the creature must either avoid the gaze or meet the gaze each round. If avoiding the gaze, a - 4 penalty applies to all Hit rolls against the monster, while the basilisk gains a +2 bonus to its attacks. A mirror may be used for additional safety. While using a mirror, a -2 penalty to the Hit roll (instead of -4) is used; however, the attacker cannot use a shield. The area must be lit for the mirror to be effective. If the basilisk sees itself in the mirror (a roll of 1 on ld6, checked each round), it must make a Saving Throw or be turned to stone!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#10]
glad my joke was understood
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top