Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 11:29:03 AM EDT
I went to the dentist today because my right bottom wisdom tooth has been bugging me.  The gums have been sore for the past week and has been getting worse and worse every day.  I called the dentist this morning and went in.

I found out that the tissue around the wisdom tooth is infected which is causing all of the pain.  I got a prescription for penicilin to get rid of the infection.  I was also prescribed Tylonel with Codine for the pain.

However, the tooth is blocked by some of the bone in my jaw so it won't come through the gums.  So, because of that, even when the infection goes away, it will still come back.

It turns out that it's going to be about $1600 to get all extracted.

To top it off, I found out that I have two cavities.  Luckily they are really small, but still, I've never had them before.  Kinda sucks.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, thats an expensive extraction.  I had all four of mine cut out at once and wasn't that much.

Dental pain can be awful though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe from all them frootloops ya been eatin'???
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You think you've got it bad?  I chose to quit drinking coffee today.  At this rate I'll be awake at 10 PM.

BTW sorry to hear about your teef, dental work blows.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You think you've got it bad?  I chose to quit drinking coffee today.  At this rate I'll be awake at 10 PM.

BTW sorry to hear about your teef, dental work blows.

Damn...I don't think I'll ever quit drinking coffee...Lol.

And no...I don't think I have it bad...I know there are people that have it a lot worse than me.  But it still sucks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats does suck.
I do feel your pain I had to have ALL 4 of mine out the same day. It went pretty smoooth so there is hope for yours too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Sucks about the wisdom teeth.  But as for cavities, be glad that they're just that.  You do NOT want a root canal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]
All I hope is that when I get them taken out, I hope they will knock me out completely.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to adulthood. From now on, parts of your once-youthful body will begine to deteriorate. The race is on. The trick is to make stronger the parts you can, and repair or replace the ones you can't. I had four impacted molars removed on one day within a week of my 21st birthday. I learned about the beautiful combined effects of Vicodin and Vodka that week!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Dont forget to ask the dentist to save the teeth. Clean them up and drill a hole in them put them on a chain and BANG instant gift.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#11]
hurt teeth suck.  I had to have a tooth extracted because of a very bad infection a couple years ago.  I haven't had any wisdom teeth out (yet) so hopefully they won't get infected like my second-to back tooth on my right side had.  

I hope your dentist isn't an asshat like this one I was going to before I switched to my dad's dentist.  He was not only a jerk, but wanted to put $5,000 braces on the molar next to the tooth that needed pulling, because it moved.  My dad and I told the dentist he was full of it and switched not too long after.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
All I hope is that when I get them taken out, I hope they will knock me out completely.

Be carefull what you wish for...

www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2005/07/26/local_news/news/news04.txt

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that would never happen with my dentist.  I've been going to him since I was six...and he's not a sick freak
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's what I opted to have done for me. I was like, "You're putting me out, or you're not touching my mouth at all." I had a few teeth that wouldn't come out that had to be pulled, then I had all my wisdom teeth done at the same time.

I hope you feel better soon.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that would never happen with my dentist.  I've been going to him since I was six...and he's not a sick freak

What are you saying???
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you saying???

Anyone that will sedate a patient and have sex with them while they are sedated is a sick freak.  Plain and simple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top