Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 8:40:56 AM EDT
I've been using the disposable fiberglass filters for a while now.  They catch a lot of dust... last about a month or so.

I've been thinking about moving to the washable filters, so I don't have to worry about running out of filters or remember to buy them.  It seems like the electrostatic ones are a little more effective.

I'd like to keep it low-cost: I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a filter, especially throw-away.

What type of furnace filter do you use?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
disposable.  And you're supposed to replace them every month?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#2]
In my experience the residential electrostatics are NICE.  But personally I buy pleated filters in bulk from either Grainger or the local HVAC supply house.  Affordable reusable filters aren't that effective.

Step up to a pleated filter for a 3 month period and you'll eb pleasantly surprised when compared to a fiberglas filter.  I modified my home unit to accept 2" filters as opposed to the thinner residential filters.  Surface area is much greater than the thin ones.  I can go 6 months to a year on one filter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top