Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 12:24:07 AM EDT
WTF?

What part of 'carry-on' do people and the airlines not understand?

I recently completed some international travel and this was the thing that seemed to cause the
most problems and delays. (8 flights)

Everyone is now using those roll-aboard bags that use every last available inch of space allotted
and there really is not enough space for every single passenger to bring one.

Then of course you always run into the people who pack so much shit into their roll-aboard that
they have to get two flight attendants just to lift the thing into the overhead bin.

I loved everytime someone asked me if I could please move my backpack to the space
underneath the seat in front of me.  After the first time I simply said 'no' that I wanted some leg
room and that I had packed accordingly.

What really pissed me off was the spinelessness of the airline employees who just couldn't seem
to say: "Sir/Maam, you're going to have to check that bag."

I know, I know,  in this time of complicated check-in proceedures it is more convinient to just pack
your carry-ons to the max allowed limit and slow every one else down while the TSA goons rifle
through your stuff at the security checkpoint vice doing it in the separate line at check-in.

Don't even let me get into the whole cell phone usage as you debark the plane either...

Rant off.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
WTF?

What part of 'carry-on' do people and the airlines not understand?

I recently completed some international travel and this was the thing that seemed to cause the
most problems and delays. (8 flights)

Everyone is now using those roll-aboard bags that use every last available inch of space allotted
and there really is not enough space for every single passenger to bring one.

Then of course you always run into the people who pack so much shit into their roll-aboard that
they have to get two flight attendants just to lift the thing into the overhead bin.

I loved everytime someone asked me if I could please move my backpack to the space
underneath the seat in front of me.  After the first time I simply said 'no' that I wanted some leg
room and that I had packed accordingly.

What really pissed me off was the spinelessness of the airline employees who just couldn't seem
to say: "Sir/Maam, you're going to have to check that bag."

I know, I know,  in this time of complicated check-in proceedures it is more convinient to just pack
your carry-ons to the max allowed limit and slow every one else down while the TSA goons rifle
through your stuff at the security checkpoint vice doing it in the separate line at check-in.

Don't even let me get into the whole cell phone usage as you debark the plane either...

Rant off.

Every flight I've been on made me either stow it in the overhead bin or completely under the seat in front of me.  In other words, my bag could not obstruct leg movement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top