Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 7:35:16 PM EDT
I'm loading up some mags right now, and I noticed something on the ammo that I've never seen before. Some of the rounds have little dark (blackish/brownish) marks on the case around the top of the neck where the projectile.

I've never seen this before. This is all XM193 ammo. Would you be concerned about shooting it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]

No - not at all.

Btw - is it PD, or regular XM193?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Regular.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Then, (in my non-expert opinion), you do not have the slightest thing to worry about.  I believ eit is just excess sealant or something like that.  It shoudln't affect performance in any way.

Heck - I shot several thousand rounds of XM193PD without EVER inspecting a single round, and every one of them worked fine (of course now I realize that some of those undoubtedly had dented case, cracked necks, etc - but that STILL all worked fine).

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, the best deal I ever got on ammo was Guatamalen surplus and it shot great. Some of it was green from corrosion!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I see it all the time. It's kind of pretty, actually.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
IIRC Military brass isn't polished twice like civie brass is.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top