Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 6:16:46 PM EDT
Back to work tomorrow, I dont really want to go.

It doesnt seem that bad once I get there, some days.

Just dont want to go in again
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Fun, fun, fun. Just think---only 20 more FUCKING years till you retire!!! (at least in my case)
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Fun, fun, fun. Just think---only 20 more FUCKING years till you retire!!! (at least in my case)

Retire? whats that.

My hope to retire is get money through wining it, or accident I can get money for or atleast disability.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel the same Taxman.  

Tomorrow should not be too taxing, but damn, the hard part is just getting there.  

It's all down hill once you get there though.

I loathe Sunday nights.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be in this boat a week from Monday. Taking off two weeks is nice, but going back always sucks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I feel the same Taxman.  

Tomorrow should not be too taxing, but damn, the hard part is just getting there.  

It's all down hill once you get there though.

I loathe Sunday nights.  

Going in at 8am sucks, going in at 4pm made it not seem all that bad.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Heck,  probably not as bad as I do.

I work in a non-air-conditioned warehouse, in Florida.   It's summer.

It's a rung on the corporate ladder.   Everybody puts in time here before they move up. No exceptions.

But I hate it.   With my education and intelligence,  it's torture to be doing this.

But I do it,  and I bust my ass at it every day.   I want my supervisor and general manager to know
that every day, I'm hitting work harder than anyone else,  because I want to move up quickly.

I drink and sweat gallons of water a day.

I just spent last Friday in the ER with my fifth kidney stone event...and my THIRD since getting this
job,  a few months ago!

My job provides the health care that covers my ER visit and my upcoming appointment with my new
pet urologist,  and whatever urology care I will be needing.

The SAME job that is CAUSING my kidney stones is providing for their treatment!

You can well imagine how little enthusiasm I have for my job at this time.   I merely manage to make
it through each day as there's no alternative.

I'm going to ask for a demotion.  Put me back on the road as a delivery driver,  which is where
I started,  at least until the summer has passed.

Oh,  and by the way...the CT scan I got on Friday during my glorious day out at the ER says that
I have about twenty MORE kidney stones waiting in the wings.

Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy!

CJ

Just the $8.50 no hope of advancing job I have, with the shitty program that never works, to bad Humads truckbombs dont work like the software he wrote, we wouldnt have to worry about anyh more carbombs.

Medical coverage, I dont have it, and probaly wouldnt use it if I did.  Would be nice to know I can go try to get something when I hurt bad though
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I work outside. It's hot but the view is nice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Move and get a better job.

Where, what work.

Probaly would be move and find no work then I would really be screwed lickely would end up having to try and run up my credit and try to pull a fastone
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where, what work.

Probaly would be move and find no work then I would really be screwed lickely would end up having to try and run up my credit and try to pull a fastone

Life is what you make it to be.
If you don't try, you won't succeed at anything.

I think I gave up trying when I stopped caring, now Im just looking for a way out.

Wish I had that short term disabilty insurance Id drink then go break an arm/hand
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Were hiring $15 an hour +bennies and a pension, entery level no experience necessary in MN. IM if interested.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm going back after 5 days off. One of those days off was spent in DC interviewing for a new job, but I'm stuck here waiting to hear about that for at least 2 weeks.

I don't want to go in.

I don't care anymore.

I don't want to be here.

But....I'll prepare as if I have that job lined up and get stuff ready, because people are gonna hate me when I put in my notice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where, what work.

Ever thought about the military?

How about looking around for work first, finding and interviewing with serious prospects, and then moving if and only if you get a job offer for a better position?

It doesn't have to suck like this.

-Ben

2004 BA with honors currently working construction.
Waiting for my ship date for 1N330 (USAF)  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I start back to college fulltime tomorrow after a 7 year break, I have actually missed my last job the last few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'll tell you something more depressing than that.  I thought I was going to be able to retire 12 years ago!  It really sucks when you're looking forward to it then you can't .... for 12 years and counting!z
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Wish I had that short term disabilty insurance Id drink then go break an arm/hand

Dam!! That's funny,thx fer the laugh!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#20]
i feel your pain.

You need to move over here and open a range with me
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Ten years for me and I'm counting down the days.

I can't wait till I can just do whatever...and get paid 75% of my current pay.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I love my job, but it's very stressful.

For ten years, you have the spectre of "publish in the top journals, or you will be fired" hanging over your head.  .

In about a year and a half, I will find out whether I've published "enough" in the right journals - and I'll either get tenure (employment for life ) or I will be fired .

Worst thing is, all of my colleagues are super-smart!!  Research-wise, my department is ranked second in the nation (in terms of publications in the top journals) - and those guys set the bar really high!  And they are all really nice guys, so I can't even hate them!  

Every day is a work day.  In about an hour, I'm going to get back to work.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I look forward to work. It's the fucking bipolar dickheads who work there that wear me out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I ain't no ordinary dude I don't have to work.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Taxman, what is it that would make you happy?

What makes you so miserable?

You need a change, and it appears that what you are doing isn't working.  There are people that can help you if you only let them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I start back to college fulltime tomorrow after a 7 year break, I have actually missed my last job the last few weeks.

Ha,ha,   I'm doing the same thing.   Funny thing is I'm a little nervous.  It's funny because the job I resigned from paid fairly well, but was one of the top ten dangerous jobs as far as losing a limb or getting killed.  Guy lost his foot on my last day.   The good part is it's nice to not work 85-100 hours a week, the bad part is I'm so used to working all the time that I'm bored.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Back to work tomorrow, I dont really want to go.

It doesnt seem that bad once I get there, some days.

Just dont want to go in again

I feel ya brother! Not looking forward to the early wake up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha,ha,   I'm doing the same thing.   Funny thing is I'm a little nervous.  It's funny because the job I resigned from paid fairly well, but was one of the top ten dangerous jobs as far as losing a limb or getting killed.  Guy lost his foot on my last day.   The good part is it's nice to not work 85-100 hours a week, the bad part is I'm so used to working all the time that I'm bored.

dam im doing the same thing my self,  7.5 years in hell ,had enough and resigned.  Going back to school for a total career change.

Automotive production welding sucked. lets see how  x-ray tech  works for me.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Why, oh, why, can't I get a job as a male prostitute?

Serving women only, of course.

And only those that meet my standards.  (Assuming I had any...)
And charging what I wish.  

Now THERE'S a job for the likes of me!

CJ

aint no bidnis like da ho bidnis
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Were hiring $15 an hour +bennies and a pension, entery level no experience necessary in MN. IM if interested.

Take up his offer

We have some good shoots up here in Minnesota
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Heck,  probably not as bad as I do.

I work in a non-air-conditioned warehouse, in Florida.   It's summer.

It's a rung on the corporate ladder.   Everybody puts in time here before they move up. No exceptions.

But I hate it.   With my education and intelligence,  it's torture to be doing this.

But I do it,  and I bust my ass at it every day.   I want my supervisor and general manager to know
that every day, I'm hitting work harder than anyone else,  because I want to move up quickly.

I drink and sweat gallons of water a day.

I just spent last Friday in the ER with my fifth kidney stone event...and my THIRD since getting this
job,  a few months ago!

My job provides the health care that covers my ER visit and my upcoming appointment with my new
pet urologist,  and whatever urology care I will be needing.

The SAME job that is CAUSING my kidney stones is providing for their treatment!

You can well imagine how little enthusiasm I have for my job at this time.   I merely manage to make
it through each day as there's no alternative.

I'm going to ask for a demotion.  Put me back on the road as a delivery driver,  which is where
I started,  at least until the summer has passed.

Oh,  and by the way...the CT scan I got on Friday during my glorious day out at the ER says that
I have about twenty MORE kidney stones waiting in the wings.

Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy!

CJ

Sounds about like my job except we don't have delivery drivers.

The pay is not great, but it's not really bad. However, they "force" you to have "scheduled overtime" or get fired.

Oh and I work from 1800-0600 Monday-Friday night & then have Sat and Sun off.

Got to love sleping Sat away & then trying to play make up on Sunday

I hate my job
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#33]
For everybody out there that hates their job, you might try doing what I did.

I needed a career change, so I sat down and made a list of everything I liked or was interested in.  On this list, I had written guns, cigars, liquor, candy, ice cream, sporting goods, hot tubs, golf clubs, beer, etc.  I then went online to every company involved with these different products and sent resumes to them.  After many form rejection letters, I received a phone call from the national sales manager of the world's #1 selling brand of hot tubs.  After talking to him on the phone, he referred me to his local dealer for an interview.  The interview went great and I was given my own store.

I get to come to work at 10:00, surf the internet, sell a couple of spas, drink beer with the boss, and go on a couple of really nice trips each year.  The pay is great and I get 4 weeks vacation per year.

Moral of the story, it never hurts to take a chance on doing something you like.  I can't wait to get to work each and every day.  Good luck to all!

Spa King
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top