Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 3:31:45 PM EDT
Mine expires Jan 01 of '06.  Do they send me something, or do I need to mail them something?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
They'll send you a notice, IIRC.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
you should get the renewal pack shortly.
mine expires on 15 oct. , and i got my renewal packet about 3 weeks ago.
it's already on the way, now if we can only get something new, as far as c& r goes.

edit:  woot! 1,000 posts snuck in on me. i'm finally not a noob, and not a single  +1 to get there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I let mine expire.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I let mine expire.

if it wasn't only $30 , i'd let mine lapse also.
you first get it, it's a smorgasborg of c&r stuff to get , but it doesn't take long to get most of what interests you, then it's a waiting game for the next batch of stuff to come in, if one ever does.
for the first go around, it was worth it's weight in gold.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Kharn

I hope so, mine is up in December.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I let mine expire.

if it wasn't only $30 , i'd let mine lapse also.
you first get it, it's a smorgasborg of c&r stuff to get , but it doesn't take long to get most of what interests you, then it's a waiting game for the next batch of stuff to come in, if one ever does.
for the first go around, it was worth it's weight in gold.

I just got an awesome discount at Midway.  You're right that for $30 it's hard to pass up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Kharn

Which you may or may not get, if by 60 days out they have not sent you a renewal application call the licensing center in Atlanta to get one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Which you may or may not get, if by 60 days out they have not sent you a renewal application call the licensing center in Atlanta to get one.

As an aside, the people than answer the phone in Atlanta are really nice, and very helpful.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

As an aside, the people than answer the phone in Atlanta are really nice, and very helpful.  

Yes they are, very helpful.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
it's already on the way, now if we can only get something new, as far as c& r goes.

edit:  woot! 1,000 posts snuck in on me. i'm finally not a noob, and not a single  +1 to get there.

Sorry to tell you... you are considered a Noob until you hit 3,000 posts. Its in the introduction manual. Page 542 paragraph 4 sub section 3 item 92.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry to tell you... you are considered a Noob until you hit 3,000 posts. Its in the introduction manual. Page 542 paragraph 4 sub section 3 item 92.

And you're not REALLY respected until 10K  

(btw - did 1shott not get that memo?  )
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:41:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

I hope so, mine is up in December.

Yeah, so is mine, so I'm hoping I get one too.  Only thing is I need an address change at the same time (moved out of my parents house, but kept my collection down there cause of the license address), I bet this is gonna screw my application up...

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Must be in the new updated manual(which I haven't got yet). You get grandfathered on the old plan in regard to your start date don't you?

Anyhoo still waiting on my first C&R (eternal newbishness reaks from my every pore).

Do you still get dealer discount for a C&R from Brownell's?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#14]
What does C&R stand for?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What does C&R stand for?

Look here
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I've saved waaaay more than $30 just from Brownell's discounts alone.  Thats mainly why I want to renew.  That, and the occasional bargain that pop up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Guess that answers my question! Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top