Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 7:54:54 AM EDT
The water pressure in my house (outside) is lame. It has county water, my NY house had county water with great pressure. Is it possible to increase to pressure to the outside spigots?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You could, but if your on city water it would be a pain in the ass as you'd have to set up an booster tank. If your in the country, just go turn up the pressure on the well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Look into something like this.

www.watertanks.com/category/271/
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I've done a very light investigation into increasing pressure at my house as well.  It seems that one of the best ways for city supplied water is to install a pump between your meter and the house.

It's been a couple of years but I remember the cost as being pretty damned high.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The inside pressure is bearable...trying to get my lawn watered is a laboring ordeal. Every sprinkler I've bought does nothing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Does your system have a PRESSURE REGULATOR on it?

If so - just adjust that
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If so - just adjust that

Dope here, where would that be???
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If so - just adjust that

Dope here, where would that be???

At your water meter
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I think your problem is not pressure but volume. I'm not a plumber, etc, but you need more volume at my house we have 1" pipes feeding the frong & rear springkers. Turning up the pressure at the regulator isn't going to help, because the regulator regulates pressure and not volume, of course there is a small parasitic loss, but that is pretty minor. You need bigger pipes, or the pipes you have are too, and have closed down over the years to due to hard water. Or you you can re-pipe your sprinklers only a few will be on at anytime.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#9]
One of the Water Board Directors here used his office to have the pipe in front of his house replaced with larger pipe while areas that were much worse off went lacking.  Needless to say he got fines and jail time for it.  And they say that the politicians around here are not corrupt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think your problem is not pressure but volume. I'm not a plumber, etc, but you need more volume at my house we have 1" pipes feeding the frong & rear springkers. Turning up the pressure at the regulator isn't going to help, because the regulator regulates pressure and not volume, of course there is a small parasitic loss, but that is pretty minor. You need bigger pipes, or the pipes you have are too, and have closed down over the years to due to hard water. Or you you can re-pipe your sprinklers only a few will be on at anytime.

Of course you are right, he needs more volume.......but more volume through the same pipe will increase the pressure. Increasing the available (flowing) pressure in the water line can only be accomplished by increasing volume. Adjusting the regulator, if it has one, will only allow more volume to pass through until the desired pressure is achieved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top