Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 1:36:59 AM EDT
I know I have seen this question asked here before, (probably a hundred billion times), but for the life of me I can't find the info. How the heck can I get pics to show up in my posts? I know I have to find a place to host them, but, then what? Also, bronze level members can't use the photo server on this board, right? Anyone got a suggestion on a place to host them?
When I complete my first AR build I want to post it for you guys to see and I also want to post some pics of some things in the WTB/WTT boards.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:43:44 AM EDT
[#1]
copy the URL of the image, paste it into your thread and bracket it like this:

{img} {/img} - replace the {} with []

Alternatively, just paste the img URL into the little box that pops up when you click on the pic button that is the 9th little button from the left the in the light gray rectangle that says Insert Tags:

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone got a suggestion on a place to host them?

How are you connecting to the internet?  Just about every ISP gives you web space for free.  Use it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
ImageShack is best place I have found for hosting pictures, they allow image sizes up to 1024 kilobytes and unlimited bandwidth and you do not have to register with them.  Photobucket is another one that works good but you have to register with them and image size is limited to 250k and you also have a bandwidth limit.

To post a picture using Imageshack;
Go to their website
Hit the browse button and find the picture you want to post
Hit the host it button
Once the picture has been uploaded copy the link that is in the box next to where is says "Direct link to image"
Now click on the image tag button and paste the link into the box that pops up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top