Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 11:30:59 PM EDT
This movie came out and naturally I wanted to hear the joke that thy all say in the movie.

The joke is pretty bad. On purpose.  

Basically it is:

A family walks into a talent agency. It's a father, mother, son, daughter and dog. The father says to the talent agent, "We have a really amazing act. You should represent us."

The agent says, "Sorry, I don't represent family acts. They're a little too cute."

The mother says, "Sir, if you just see our act, we know you would want to represent us."

The agent says, "OK. OK. I'll take a look."

Insert the most vulgar terrible acts you can com up with here.  This is where the joke varies from comic to comic.  Who can make it more terrible.

For the longest time, the agent just sits in silence. Finally, he manages, "That's a hell of an act. What do you call it?"

And the father says, "The Aristocrats!"

I didn;t really find it funny.  Is it really supposed to be funny?  Does anyone  think it is funny?

If you want to see examples click here but be warned some of them are REALLYbad.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It's an inside joke, and a lame one at that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

How is it an inside joke?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that some of them are quite funny.  Here is my favorite (video) -

Aristocrats, done by Matt Stone and Trey Parker (South Park)

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most people haven't heard about it until the movie came out.  I hadn't.  If you have, good for you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yah but thats just funny cause its southpark...and they are making fun of the joke.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yah but thats just funny cause its southpark...and they are making fun of the joke.

Yes, but that was also their submission for the movie.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most people haven't heard about it until the movie came out.  I hadn't.  If you have, good for you.

No I had never heard about it but now I understand what you were saying.  Its basically only funny for the person saying it and those who know about it.  The people hearing it for the first time are just kinda shocked and watching their reaction is funny right?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I had never heard about it but now I understand what you were saying.  Its basically only funny for the person saying it and those who know about it.  The people hearing it for the first time are just kinda shocked and watching their reaction is funny right?

Yeah, kind of.  It is also to see how vile and disgusting some of the actors that tell the jokes can get (at least, on the movie).  Gives you an idea on how nasty those people can really get, I guess....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:31:25 AM EDT
[#9]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_AristocratsThe Aristocrats (also known as The Debonaires in England) is a joke which is alleged to have been told by numerous stand-up comedians since Vaudeville, and often only among an audience of other comedians. In publicity for a 2005 documentary film about the joke, it has been referred to as "the world's funniest joke" and "the world's worst joke." It may be either depending on who's telling it, who's listening and the innumerable variations upon the theme. It has probably never been told the same way twice.

The joke is something of a game in which the participant or participants try to top each other in terms of shock value. This was also used as an inside joke by comedians to test the mettle of others. Throughout the history of the joke it has evolved from a cliche staple of the Vaudevillian comedian into a postmodern anti-joke.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTMTMF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top