Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 6:31:05 PM EDT
I rember when I was 19 and able to finally drive it kicked ass, same as later on when I was unable to drive for 6 months due to work and damn rental policy,

Now I hate the drive to/from work and places its just annoying and I hate it now
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t mind driving short distances but I definitely hate driving on long trips.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm adaptable to most if not all situations, driving for long periods doesn't bother me, but in stop and go I'm trying to off myself.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
With your luck I would stay away from autos all togeather.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I like being alone.  Driving is very cathardic for me.
I remember on my job, deign paid, I waqs driving about 80 between Fresno and, Tracy, and, I was like...

Man...Life is good.

Granted, I was in a rental Mote Carlo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It's relaxing(unless you live in a city with crazy traffic). I like driving and I love cruise on my motorcycle. Maybe you need another car? Something with V8 in it and in the affordable sports car category(Mustangs, Camaros). Sounds like you don't have something enjoyable to drive in.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I love to drive everywhere.  I don't fly so when I take a vacation, I drive.  

Have vehicle, will drive.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
With your luck I would stay away from autos all togeather.

As long as I get hurt bad enough where they admit its a problem next time I dont mind.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's relaxing(unless you live in a city with crazy traffic). I like driving and I love cruise on my motorcycle.

About once a month Im out in traffic and its Dawn of The Dumbasses, they really pisses me off
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I remember on my job, deign paid, I waqs driving about 80 between Fresno and, Tracy, and, I was like...

Man...Life is good.

It was a sad day when the switched Monte Carlos to V6.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I love driving when I get the chance to truly enjoy it.  Last week I drove nearly 2000 miles on the interstates of this country with a bunch of stupid, mouthbreathing fuckers who probably can't make monkeychatter and walk at the same time.

One simple rule, if you are not passing, stay out of the fucking left lane!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I love driving...  It's the cops and the other fuckers on the road that take the fun out of it.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I take regular 500 mile trips to visit some kin folk.  takes about 7.5 hours.  I just stop every couple hours and pee and stretch, get some caffeine in me then mosy back down the road.  I love the drive, lotsa fun
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I love driving...  It's the cops and the other fuckers on the road that take the fun out of it.
~Dg84

But they make it more interesting!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I love driving. If I wasn't worried about DVT I'd drive across the country and back every week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man...Life is good.

I'm not "car guy" so, I have no idea what you are talking about.  All I know it that MF'r had alot of power, and, cruised smoothly.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man...Life is good.

I'm not "car guy" so, I have no idea what you are talking about.  All I know it that MF'r had alot of power, and, cruised smoothly.

Just remember the simple equation, V8>V6 and V8>4.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I need to get the exhaust fixed those 2 breaks make it more annoying
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man...Life is good.

Just imagine if they would have put that fucking 5.3 V8 in the new body style Monte Carlo's.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man...Life is good.

Just remember the simple equation, V8>V6 and V8>4.

Oh...8 more than 6?  Got it.  Thanks man.  Good knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man...Life is good.

Just imagine if they would have put that fucking 5.3 V8 in the new body style Monte Carlo's.

LS2
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I love driving my truck.  It's nice, comfortable, quiet, smooth, powerful, all that good stuff.  Plus it gives me a chance to listen to music straight through, which is just about one of my favorite things in the world.  I will just go out for drives when I'm bored sometimes.

But I also drive for work... and I'm a package delivery guy.  So I drive one of those Chevy DP30s with the sliding doors that lock open, a horribly sluggish and incredibly loud diesel, no air conditioning, horrible ride quality, not comfortable, and no radio... and my route is downtown, stop and go, lights, etc etc.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I love driving except when the road is populated with mouthbreathers.  As above.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#23]
<----I drive for a living
and yes i hate it
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I love driving except when the road is populated with mouthbreathers.  As above.

TXL

Oh good.  A "car" guy

Is it ok if I drive in the  right lane?  I know it's your road an all
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I love to drive, especially my Wrangler...it's never gets old.

HH
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm sick of it.  I drive about 1000 miles a week.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I drove package cars and feeders for UPS, I really hate driving some days
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Sure beats getting a real job
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top