Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 5:34:15 PM EDT
1.)  Colibri Ammunition (.22LR with no gunpowder) is unbelievably QUIET.

2.)  .30-06 fired from an M1 Garand is plenty fast enough to set off Tannerite.

3.)  Computer cases that have Tannerite taped inside of them fly FAR when detonated.

4.)  The desert outside of Phoenix is freakin' HOT in August.

5.)  Shooting stuff is FUN.  (Ok.... Old_Painless already taught us all that one.)

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

3.)  Computer cases that have Tannerite taped inside of them fly FAR when detonated.

5.)  Shooting stuff is FUN.  (Ok.... Old_Painless already taught us all that one.)

I envy guys who can go out and shoot stuff, instead of just paper.  The pricate range I go to will not even let you shoot a watermelon or jug of water.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
#3 is indeed fun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]

The desert outside of Phoenix is freakin' HOT in August.

Yeah, I've almost entirely given up shooting during the summer unless I get up at 03:30am and get to the shooting spot at dawn.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The desert outside of Phoenix is freakin' HOT in August.

Yeah, I've almost entirely given up shooting during the summer unless I get up at 03:30am and get to the shooting spot at dawn.

We setup next to a shade tree, and that helped a little, but we still got cooked.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I envy guys who can go out and shoot stuff, instead of just paper.  The pricate range I go to will not even let you shoot a watermelon or jug of water.  

+1000  I'm tired of shooting paper...haven't been shooting for a month now...time to take a trip
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
No powder?  How fast does the bullet travel?  300fps?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Paper targets suck, but this weekend I will be up in the Natl Forest and can shoot some worthwhile targets

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Uuuh.. cool, but: this thread is worthless without pics!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No powder?  How fast does the bullet travel?  300fps?

Colibri = 375 fps
Super Colibri = 500 fps

We only had the slower stuff, but I plan on picking up some Super Colibri at the next funshow just to try it out. I'm thinking a pellet trap would catch this stuff no problem, so I might pick up one just to see........
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I love the Super Colibri ( 500 fps).  It is fun and very quite.  We have some chickens and I use it to dispatch them at night on the way to the freezer.  Also it is good for shooting in the basement.

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top